**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

Associate
Think I'm ready to join the civilised tech folk, much difference between Google Pay and Samsung Pay apart from needing a Samsung phone for the latter?

Not really used either previously but tried to add my card to Samsung Pay and it is invalid for some reason! Unsure if it's a problem with the app or the bank at this point but will probably check android pay to see if that allows it..

Check out their FAQ, and see if your bank is on the list of the providers. I had the same problem and found out my bank isn't supported.

Main thing for me about Samsung Pay is the ability to pay with my smart watch, which I really wish I could do. There's also something about being able to use it even where contactless isn't supported, but how many places is that nowadays?

Associate
Check out their FAQ, and see if your bank is on the list of the providers. I had the same problem and found out my bank isn't supported.

Main thing for me about Samsung Pay is the ability to pay with my smart watch, which I really wish I could do. There's also something about being able to use it even where contactless isn't supported, but how many places is that nowadays?

Oh thanks for that! I didn't know there were some who were not supported, as I'm with Lloyds that would be why it doesn't work. Guess i'll be using Android pay for now then if i even use it at all, and if Lloyds are supported there!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Was impressed by the steady motion mode yesterday whilst mooching around on a golf buggy at a wedding:

If footage is smooth during a golf buggy ride, it's smooth during anything :p

Shame about the jaggedness in low light when you have vertical line sources and pan though:

Soldato
Anyone found any good after market tips for the Galaxy buds? I have big ears and the biggest ones lose seal really easy, which is annoying as when they do seal they sound absolutely adequate.

Comply have been saying on twitter since launch that their version are coming soon but still nothing yet :(

Associate
Anyone found any good after market tips for the Galaxy buds? I have big ears and the biggest ones lose seal really easy, which is annoying as when they do seal they sound absolutely adequate.

Comply have been saying on twitter since launch that their version are coming soon but still nothing yet :(

Do you have any you could remove from old pairs to tide you over?

Soldato
How's your battery life now?

Easily 7+ hours of SoT on WiFi, still on around 3 and a half hours when switching to mobile data.

Guess Three suck with their updates as I'm still on May here and some people have mentioned that June helped their battery a lot.

For me this phone was easily a keeper for two years but if the problem persists after updates, I'll be looking at offloading it as soon as something I fancy comes along.

Did also have my first serious drop in years, Spigen case took it like a champ and it even put a tiny hole in the screen protector the phone came with. Screen is completely fine underneath too so think I'll invest into a replacement, what are go to screen protectors?

Soldato
Easily 7+ hours of SoT on WiFi, still on around 3 and a half hours when switching to mobile data.

Guess Three suck with their updates as I'm still on May here and some people have mentioned that June helped their battery a lot.

For me this phone was easily a keeper for two years but if the problem persists after updates, I'll be looking at offloading it as soon as something I fancy comes along.

Did also have my first serious drop in years, Spigen case took it like a champ and it even put a tiny hole in the screen protector the phone came with. Screen is completely fine underneath too so think I'll invest into a replacement, what are go to screen protectors?

any reason why your not using BTU firmware? from memory BTU on the S10+ also supported 3 wifi calling, not 100% sure about VoLTE though

you would get quicker updates if you moved to BTU or XEU, the are on June right now.

Soldato
any reason why your not using BTU firmware? from memory BTU on the S10+ also supported 3 wifi calling, not 100% sure about VoLTE though

you would get quicker updates if you moved to BTU or XEU, the are on June right now.

Never flashed a phone (imagine that's how you change firmware?), doesn't that void the warranty, etc?

Soldato
Never flashed a phone (imagine that's how you change firmware?), doesn't that void the warranty, etc?

ahh, yes its very easy and as your flashing official Samsung firmware,warranty stays intact, loads of youtbe guides, you use an app called Odin on your PC to connect to the phone to upload and flash the firmware.

the fw can be downloaded from: www.sammobile.com

Only thing it will do is factory reset your phone so you will lose all data, take a backup! but very much worth it imo

Soldato
ahh, yes its very easy and as your flashing official Samsung firmware,warranty stays intact, loads of youtbe guides, you use an app called Odin on your PC to connect to the phone to upload and flash the firmware.

the fw can be downloaded from: www.sammobile.com

Only thing it will do is factory reset your phone so you will lose all data, take a backup! but very much worth it imo

Will look into it, just remember when I bought my S7 Edge and it had a tripped Knox so I couldn't use things like incognito mode on Samsung browser, secure folder wouldn't work and few other quirks.

Soldato
If you flash but use HOME_CSC it won't factory reset and you keep all settings and data . If its unstable after the update then you can do a factory reset and use a backup

Soldato
Hi all, I saw some mention early on in the thread about the best glass screens for the S10+ but can't find the posts now. Anyone care to remind me of the best ones?

Also - easy to fit yourself or best to take to a shop?

Thanks

Soldato
reverted back to pattern unlock today. FPR is really disappointing on my S10 and put simply, not as good as my old OnePlus 3 - a 3 year old device.

pattern unlock doesn't feel too 'legacy' yet, especially with trusted places enabled for home and workplace. just hope it doesn't kill the battery too much (TP requires GPS).

i'll probably re-register my fingerprints and try again when I cba but hopefully Samsung can still improve it with software updates:(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom