Summer Transfer Thread 2019

Soldato
Wow, Villa being a bit lively this window!

Douglas Luiz seemingly the latest one in (though not quite confirmed yet).

I can't even remember all our new signings. Plus strong links it seems with a few more.

We defintiely needed them, mind.

Here's hoping they're more effective acquisitions than all of those signed during Timbo's last summer...

Biggest spenders so far(crazy to think after we almost went bust)

All signings so far: Mings, El-Ghazi, Hause, Matt Targett, Wesley Moraes, Ezri Konsa & Jota.

Still need another CB & GK, Maybe a DM too. Looking forward to this season even if it does end up with us getting relegated, But I believe we will finish between 15th & 17th maybe a bit confident!

Soldato
Biggest spenders so far(crazy to think after we almost went bust)

All signings so far: Mings, El-Ghazi, Hause, Matt Targett, Wesley Moraes, Ezri Konsa & Jota.

Still need another CB & GK, Maybe a DM too. Looking forward to this season even if it does end up with us getting relegated, But I believe we will finish between 15th & 17th maybe a bit confident!

I know! Really enjoying the craziness. Also how much out of left-field a lot of these have come.

I wonder if Luiz will be our first-choice DM next season? Not sure what sort of player he is, but Jack and SJM are nailed-on for the more advanced midfield positions.

I'm also seeing rumours we're almost done signing a CB from Belgium (someone I've never heard of).

Definitely need a GK as well as Steer has done the past few games. Also reckon we could do with a reliable goal-scorer and somone who can play wide right or across the front three (not convinced Jota is going to be first choice, though I could be wrong there, of course).

Soldato
I know! Really enjoying the craziness. Also how much out of left-field a lot of these have come.

I wonder if Luiz will be our first-choice DM next season? Not sure what sort of player he is, but Jack and SJM are nailed-on for the more advanced midfield positions.

I'm also seeing rumours we're almost done signing a CB from Belgium (someone I've never heard of).

Definitely need a GK as well as Steer has done the past few games. Also reckon we could do with a reliable goal-scorer and somone who can play wide right or across the front three (not convinced Jota is going to be first choice, though I could be wrong there, of course).

Luiz would probably fit that role he can also play basic CM & attacking midfield. We have no one else bar Birkir Bjarnason & Hourihane. Mcginn & Grealish will definitely be in the more advanced roles though. I have a feeling Jota will be a backup, Certainly hope so anyway.

Never heard of Engels before today too!

Maybe Kalinić will get a chance in goal. Although I wouldn't be against Steer having a chance after helping us get promoted.

Soldato
Exactly, people can't afford him.

Nope maybe just maybe they don't think he is worth £150mil?

There is a difference between being able to afford someone & actually valuing someone at that price.

It would be like Newcastle asking £100mil for Rondon for example, He's not worth £100mil not by a long shot, Plenty of clubs could afford it but they won't pay it.

Don
He is a silly bugger though. He should have announced it before the end of the season. Now he is in the position where no one can afford him as all the big clubs have already done/got in place their big deals and United will not even entertain anything below 100 mil for him.

It's the same with inter. They cannot afford Lukaku and we will not let him go for peanuts even though I am happy for both to leave.
As if neither Pogba, Lukaku and or their agents hadn't been talking to any interested clubs well before the end of the season. Anybody interested in Pogba and Lukaku would have known long ago that both wanted to leave - Inter just don't have the cash to do a deal for Lukaku and Real and whoever else might be in for Pogba just don't value him at the sort of fee it would take for Utd to sell.

The only way I can see Pogba's situation being resolved this summer would be if Real can shift a few high earners for decent fees. It's not out of the realms of possibility either - as we saw with Everton and Barca last summer, there's enough money throughout the PL for Real to find a market for some players.

Soldato
Yep and we can't even seem to get a deal done for anyone we are linked with, we bid for Tierney it got rejected, Celtic seem to have made it clear his price, so why are Arsenal not coughing up the 25m to get him already, a position we need to strengthen with the ageing Monreal. Celtic even got a new left back in the time we have been messing about.

And then we're trying to pay for the St Etienne player in instalments, and loaning him back to them. That's madness, we can't afford to do that, we need new players now!

And today Mustafi has pledged to fight for his place.. Like the awkward player in Football Manager that refuses to look for a new club, no matter how many times you tell him he isn't wanted.

Caporegime
Nope maybe just maybe they don't think he is worth £150mil?

There is a difference between being able to afford someone & actually valuing someone at that price.

It would be like Newcastle asking £100mil for Rondon for example, He's not worth £100mil not by a long shot, Plenty of clubs could afford it but they won't pay it.

So what you're saying is they can't afford him. If player is X price and club can't pay X price then we say club can't afford that player.

Caporegime
As if neither Pogba, Lukaku and or their agents hadn't been talking to any interested clubs well before the end of the season. Anybody interested in Pogba and Lukaku would have known long ago that both wanted to leave - Inter just don't have the cash to do a deal for Lukaku and Real and whoever else might be in for Pogba just don't value him at the sort of fee it would take for Utd to sell.

The only way I can see Pogba's situation being resolved this summer would be if Real can shift a few high earners for decent fees. It's not out of the realms of possibility either - as we saw with Everton and Barca last summer, there's enough money throughout the PL for Real to find a market for some players.

United wouldn't have known. They could have used that earlier to plan their own transfers. I do not think Lukaku wanted to leave. He seems quite happy at United he is just not the right sort of player for us.

Don
So what you're saying is they can't afford him. If player is X price and club can't pay X price then we say club can't afford that player.
There's a difference between not being able to afford something and not being willing to pay something. I'm sure you could afford to pay £10 on a bag of chips but equally I'm sure you wouldn't be willing to pay it.

There's numerous clubs that could afford to pay £150m on Pogba so it's not a case of affordability, it's a case of them not believing he's worth it.
Yes but United wouldn't have known. Also I do not think Lukaku wanted to leave. He seems quite happy at United he is just not the right sort of player for them.
I'm not convinced that they wouldn't have known. It's been suggested that Pogba told Utd 12 months ago that he wants to leave.

Caporegime
There's a difference between not being able to afford something and not being willing to pay something. I'm sure you could afford to pay £10 on a bag of chips but equally I'm sure you wouldn't be willing to pay it.

There's numerous clubs that could afford to pay £150m on Pogba so it's not a case of affordability, it's a case of them not believing he's worth it.

I'm not convinced that they wouldn't have known. It's been suggested that Pogba told Utd 12 months ago that he wants to leave.

Which clubs can afford to pay the 150 mil for Pogba? Real have spent loads already, Barca are skint and have spent already, Bayern don't have the money and no one wants to go to PSG as it is a joke of a league.

Man City are about the only ones who could in this transfer window.

Don
Which clubs can afford to pay the 150 mil for Pogba? Real have spent loads already, Barca are skint and have spent already, Bayern don't have the money and no one wants to go to PSG as it is a joke of a league.

Man City are about the only ones who could in this transfer window.
Loads could have come up with an offer of £150m for Pogba. You've just said Real have spent bucket loads this summer, if they wanted Pogba or valued him enough they could have offered £150m. Atletico have spent near £200m this summer but they didn't bid for Pogba so again it's not affordability it's a case of them not wanting or valuing him enough. Barca have just laid out over £100m in a single payment (something they wouldn't have had to do for Pogba), Bayern have spent over £100m and will likely spend a fair bit more before the window is over, PSG could afford to pay it, City could afford to pay it and as Ivan says, even Liverpool wouldn't have any issues making a £150m offer.

Again, it's not a case of clubs not being able to afford £150m, it's a case of clubs not being willing to spend it on Pogba. I'm on a free transfer and would be willing to play for 2 fredo's per game and not one PL club's made an approach for me. Is it because they can't afford me or just don't want me?

Man of Honour
Liverpool could easily afford pogba.

I really don't think Liverpool would see it that way. £150m on one player, any player, they wouldn't do it.

Anyway, if we're holding out for £150m, I don't think he'll leave. It's very complicated though. Milinkovic-Savic would be a great replacement.

Don
We would for the right player. There's been a running thing on twitter, half in a joking sort of way, regarding Mbappe and Liverpool - now I'm not saying we will sign him but he's the type of player that Liverpool would pay huge money for. He's already playing at an elite level and given his age you're either getting 10 years out of him or you're going to recoup most, if not all, if not even a profit on him in 5-7 years time. We're probably the most calculating of all clubs around - we have no set budgets on how much we would pay as a whole or on an individual, if it makes sense then we'll pay it within reason.

Man of Honour
Yeah I would understand that, for an incredible exception, but I don't think Pogba comes close to that category due to his agent/attitude concerns.

I bet a few clubs have considered paying Neymar's fee as PSG will sell him, but he's a much bigger risk than Mbappe would be.

Back
Top Bottom