Steering wheel rewrap.

Caporegime
Royal Steering Wheels. I used them for my TT wheel, its a fantastic job.

Fitted the steering wheel I had back from Royal Steering Wheels earlier in the week. Much better thickness than the stock wheel, prefer holding the alcantara to leather also.

swheel2.jpg

Caporegime
Royal aren't the cheapest by a long shot, but they have a great reputation. If I remember rightly, it was £150 for that, but it cost me slightly extra to have the wheel padded thicker than stock.

Soldato
Royal. Royal. Royal. Don't go anywhere else. They're fantastic.

They will literally do whatever you want, material, colour, re-shape, thicken, all sorts...

Soldato
OP
Well I have my answer and the price is round what I was expecting from the sounds of things so will have a look into it.

Soldato
Another recommendation for Jack at Royal Steering Wheels, so many E46 M3 owners have used him, and his work is excellent. I had my E46 steering wheel done last year, I love how you can spec exactly how you want it, what colour stitching etc.

Soldato

he doesn't speak of a product to apply as a protectorant, after cleaning, to re-soften? ...I'd be more of a Johnson baby shampoo person.
but the muck you get off of a leather one is usually impressive, although some of it must die/pigment ... so I'd be expecting same from alcantara.

always think garages should protect the wheel - maybe I don't go somewhere exclusive enough.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
The alcantara material on my RS3 wheel was in a shocking state when I bought it from an Audi main dealer, clearly never been cleaned by previous owner or by the garage during their prep of the car.

Used the method linked to above and came up very nice.

Soldato
OP
Sent my images for a quote off today, think I want to keep it simple with smooth top and bottom leather and perforated on the side.

My car seems to be getting a white/black theme so white stitching on the black leather.

Back
Top Bottom