Recommend me a monitor, all rounder, 1440p

Associate
Hi,

I'm looking for a good monitor to replace my dell monitor. I would like it to be 27" flat screen. I was thinking of 4k but now decided against that.

I'd like it to be a good allrounder (gaming, photography and development work etc). Having good colours is a must. Also, gsync/freesync.

I have a Nvidia 1070 graphics card.

I've heard mentioned the Gigabyte Aorus and the new LG 27GL850-B, would these suit me?

Soldato
So it's not out yet and no reviews but you recommend it.
Its out in a matter of days with specs that look amazing, the price is great, far better then alternatives and its been demoed at shows. So while the reviews are not out it makes sense to recommend it to look at. There is no other screen that comes close. Why would you recommend other screens when this is out on Tuesday? I can understand someone waiting for reviews but I wouldn't buy a different screen today when this one is out next week.

Associate
OP
Its out in a matter of days with specs that look amazing, the price is great, far better then alternatives and its been demoed at shows. So while the reviews are not out it makes sense to recommend it to look at. There is no other screen that comes close. Why would you recommend other screens when this is out on Tuesday? I can understand someone waiting for reviews but I wouldn't buy a different screen today when this one is out next week.

What makes it standout from lets say the gigabyte monitor above?

Soldato
What makes it standout from lets say the gigabyte monitor above?
The LG has a wider colour range and is £85.95 cheaper. Apart from that they look pretty similar. I am not aware of anything wrong with the gigabyte monitor. If I was you I would wait until next week and see if the LG coming out impacts the gigabyte price and wait for reviews of the LG. Then pick the Gigabyte or LG.

Caporegime
No reason to go for G-Sync, unless liking the idea of chaining yourself to be Nvidia's and Yakuza-Jen's slave.
AdaptiveSync/Freesync not working was just artificial limitation in drivers and removed during winter.
Is that any freesync monitor? Or do they need to be from a certain model onwards?

Associate
I never actually thought about that, being a NVidia slave, with getting a GSync monitor.

I am 50 50, between that, and FreeSync.
With the technologies working similar, I am leaning towards this LG 27" screen.
The reviews will confirm my thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom