• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
I’ve just checked for the Mortar Titanium and there looks to be a new BIOS for that as well with the same release notes however the release date is wrong
I believe Titanium actually got the bios update earlier than regular.
Aiming to get MSI B450M Mortar. Annoyingly not in stock in OCUK

Soldato
Any thoughts as to what would be a better cooler for an R5 3600 out of a Wraith Prism and an Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev. 2? Reviews seem sparse and I haven't found one that includes both.

Soldato
I'm probably hitting the pro or ultra. Test it! Does PBO work properly yet? :)

Will put it on tonight when I get home :) PBO isn't really working that I know of on mine. I really haven't properly had time to mess with it yet though. I had it up and running 2 nights before tearing it apart again to fit the water cooling loop :)

dont forget to claim £30 steam voucher too! need to leave a review

https://promotion.gigabyte.de/AORUS-Promotion-X570-EN

seems AGESA 1.0.0.3AB has been added

seems AMD should now have sorted out 1-2 core boosting !

I hope the 1-2 core boosting is certainly improved at the very least!

Also thanks for sharing that offer link, I didn't know there was such a thing :)

Soldato
I was using a Hyper 212 clone for my testing this week, that was doing really well, even with the high volt tests.
Also just found out that the Wraith Prism is basically the same as the Wraith Max, which basically performs at least as well as the Hyper 212 EVO. Saw lots of recommendations for that over the Freezer 7 Pro so I guess that's what I'll go with. Thanks. :)

Associate
Posting here in case anyone can help. When using the AMD Ryzen Balanced plan my CPU seems to be always boosting and the fans spinning up and down with an idle temp of around 55-60C.

I'm running the following setup

Asus Crosshair Vii X470
3700x
Crucial Balistix 16gb (running at xmp standard)

Everything in the bios is set to Auto. When looking in CPU-Z or Ryzen Master the Core voltage is always at 1.4Ghz except for a fraction of a second when it drops to 0.9V & Core speed is always around 4.4Ghz Any suggestions?

Soldato
Posting here in case anyone can help. When using the AMD Ryzen Balanced plan my CPU seems to be always boosting and the fans spinning up and down with an idle temp of around 55-60C.

Asus Crosshair Vii X470
3700x

Everything in the bios is set to Auto. When looking in CPU-Z or Ryzen Master the Core voltage is always at 1.4Ghz except for a fraction of a second when it drops to 0.9V & Core speed is always around 4.4Ghz Any suggestions?

Seems to be a very common problem. Firstly, try closing down ALL monitoring apps, including iCue and MSI Afterburner etc. Open EITHER CPU-Z or Ryzen Master, and then see if it idles properly. There's a thing happening with monitoring apps probing the CPU and constantly waking up the cores, not letting it idle properly. But there is also a problem where it wont idle properly even after following the above, which is causing high idle volts. There's a big post on reddit about it: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/cbls9g/the_final_word_on_idle_voltages_for_3rd_gen_ryzen/

Associate
Yeah I think I've ran into the problem where it doesn't idle properly when just using Ryzen Master or CPU-Z. This is a clean install I've nothing else included.

Associate

Asus Crosshair Vii X470
3700x

What's the minimum processor state in the power plan settings? I think it's set at 90%, not sure if it's ok to lower it with the 3xxx series.

Soldato
I believe Titanium actually got the bios update earlier than regular.
Aiming to get MSI B450M Mortar. Annoyingly not in stock in OCUK

The BIOS that is appearing now on the main screen of the Downloads section on the MSI site is the same Beta BIOS that was released via the Forum section earlier on. Interesting that the Mortar (non-Titanium) is showing as a full release and not Beta.

I had to get my Titanium elsewhere as OcUK only had the Mortar listed, I can't remember whether it was in stock or not though last week.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Cancelled my 3900X to see how 3700/3800/3900 pans out.

Bold move because of stock levels but exactly what I would do TBH.

We still don’t know if the 3800X is going to be the gaming winner or not, which is yet possible. If you don’t need the additional cores and just want clock speeds it looks like it’s going to be a bit of a waiting game unfortunately.

Associate
Bold move because of stock levels but exactly what I would do TBH.

We still don’t know if the 3800X is going to be the gaming winner or not, which is yet possible. If you don’t need the additional cores and just want clock speeds it looks like it’s going to be a bit of a waiting game unfortunately.

These are some stock runs on the 3800X with 3000CL16.

fkkbw5re3w931.jpg

Back
Top Bottom