I'm DarkShadow. And This is my story.

Soldato
It's 4". All strengthshop belts are 4" standard unless it's tapered I believe.
They do a 3" now :) I plan on picking one up as my 4" hits the bottom of my ribcage and top of my hips and is very restrictive for deadlifting, especially conventional style for me.

Soldato
OP
Went on hiking holiday in Azores (about 14 hikes in 1 week) - Regressed quite a bit on squats and dropped 3KG BW but got a couple more PRs.

100KG Bench - 14reps with Sling (first time trying)
160KG Squat - 11 reps

Soldato
OP
Had a week off in South Africa and another week off recently (30k a day walking for a week)

Hit another PR for 170KG X 9. I feel like I had another in me.

As it's Ramadan next week - I'll be removing all assistance exercises and just practising doubles and triples 2 or 3 times a week.

Soldato
OP
This Ramadan, I tried something new. I tried extended fasts on the basis that I was losing too much sleep to wake and prepare food prior to prayers.

This meant I was usually eating 1-2 meals and training about 20 hours into a fast without any liquids. I found it incredibly tough as I felt quite tired and lethargic but I doubled 190KG and worked up to a daily max of around 185KG most of Ramadan.

Soldato
OP

Squat: 170KG X 7 Controlled Eccentrics: 140KG 3X4

Squats didn't go as well; ended up hiking and bouldering a few days before.

Sumo DL's: 190KG X 2, 182.5KG X 3

Soldato
OP
Sumo DL 215KG X4 | Squat 180KG X6

2 New PR's.

10 week block transition to Sumo with a little extra weight, still adjusting, tightness and syncing cue problems.

Soldato
OP
I didn't taper or prepare for a test this year but I'll be travelling for 3 months, decided to test after 2 PR's last week (despite training max set 5-10% under).

Can't simply describe how ecstatic I am! 5 medical/sports professionals told me it was game over after my 4 knee surgeries. I'm just sooooo glad I continued looking for answers.

Soldato
OP
This was unexpected...
1st Attempt: 232.5KG PB
2nd: 240KG PB

I've been training 15% below PR attempt and I've only tried sumo once above 200KG and my transition block has been 8 weeks fairly low volume. Decided to try my deads as I'm taking 3 months off to travel, another attempt without any real prep.

After a back tweak 3 years ago, I really struggled with it along with hip pain. Met some of the very best sports med's up North and no one could really help. Was lost for words for a long time.

Overjoyed is probably the word now :D

Soldato
OP
I'm back!

I took a break for the first time in about 11 years training for 3 months. Travelled 7 countries with a baby in tow and covered about 30k miles. I hiked a lot, spent a lot of time in the sea and moved around a lot

Here's a few facts:

- Lost 24lb (mostly muscle). (3.5k kcals to approx 1.5-2k)
- Became a vegetarian due to the lack of halal food avail.
- Came to the realisation, I've overconsumed in every way possible. Mainly the poultry/meat/protein/dairy intake.
- Shaved off about 8cm from each quad.

I've started training again and the first 6 sessions were absolutely disguising. I've been trying to build up work capacity and my starting weights were mostly 50% of where I left off from. Mobility needs quite a bit of work, mostly ankles and hips.

I'll now be returning to my baseline routine.

Squats: 120KG 4x6
Sumos: 140KG 5x6

Video to follow.

Caporegime
Could you post up your routine actually? Would be interesting to see

P.S: Good to hear from ya
P.P.S: how did you come to the conclusion of overconsumption when you've lost mass?

I agree mainly though, I probably have half a chicken breast or can of tuna at lunch, then usually some form of serving of something in the evening, and tbh I've not lost mass, gained if anything (but gained fat as I'm overcomsuming on the rest of the junk currently :D)

Back
Top Bottom