Classic Movies on the Big Screen

Associate
Lots of the classics are been show at cinemas now but I keep missing some so thought we could all share what’s coming up if you spot the.

Tarantino Vue Cinemas
https://www.myvue.com/news-competit...rantino-classics-are-coming-to-the-big-screen

Jaws (you might need to filter for UK)
https://www.parkcircus.com/film/114321-Jaws

Matrix (4K release) Cineworld

https://www.cineworld.co.uk/films/the-matrix-20th-anniversary-4k-restoration/ho00006634

Cineworld also have also shown or are showing.... Beetlejucie, Robocop & Terminator Double Bill, Grease, Quadrophenia, Apocalypse Now.

Soldato
Saw Alien 4k remaster earlier this year at the cinema. My favourite movie of all time but as it came out year I was born, never had chance before.

I'll be going in for Matrix for sure.

Soldato
I think it's a massively un-tapped amount of potential here - "re-releasing" well loved movies back onto the big screen for a limited time should be a easy win for studio's who have been suffering from dropping cinema attendances yet it's so very rarely done and I don't know why.

Soldato
I think it's a massively un-tapped amount of potential here - "re-releasing" well loved movies back onto the big screen for a limited time should be a easy win for studio's who have been suffering from dropping cinema attendances yet it's so very rarely done and I don't know why.

I agree 100%. After me and a few friends went for the Alien re-screening a few months back, we were chatting for about half an hour afterwards about all the movies we'd love to go back and see.

I just looked at the upcoming Showcase list for "flashback" and immediately I can see the following i'll be going to see in the next few months

-Matrix
-Apocalypse Now
-Labyrinth
-Raiders of the Lost Ark.

The bonus with showcase is that it's all massive leather electric recliners in all screens at no extra cost.

Soldato
As well as individual films just think of the "franchises" that could be brought back for anniversary runs of say 1-2 weeks-

Indiana Jones
Back to the Future
Alien
Terminator
Matrix
Lethal Weapon
etc etc

Plus with most cinemas now using a digital projector the studios don't even need to send actual reels of film (which cost a bundle) reducing costs even further. There must be some reason it's not already being done, maybe costs I don't know about, but the demand would be there if a few franchises "started the ball rolling" I'm sure.

Associate
OP
If you look out, any big 4K film releases have been getting showings in the cinema.

Found one list

UPCOMING BIG SCREEN CLASSICS

The Matrix (12 July 2019)
The Matrix - Reloaded (13 July 2019)
The Matrix Marathon (13 July 2019)
The Matrix - Revolutions (14 July 2019)
Don't Look Now (16 July 2019)
Jaws (18 July 2019)
Tarantino Season - Reservoir Dogs (6 August 2019)
Tarantino Season - Pulp Fiction (7 August 2019)
Tarantino Season - Jackie Brown (8 August 2019)
Tarantino Season - Kill Bill Volume 1 (9 August 2019)
Tarantino Season - Kill Bill Volume 2 (10 August 2019)
Tarantino Season - Inglourious ******** (11 August 2019)
Tarantino Season - Django Unchained (12 August 2019)
Tarantino Season - The Hateful Eight (13 August 2019)
Apocalypse Now: Final Cut - 40th Anniversary (13 August 2019

Soldato

Maybe they're worried by showing actually good movies in cinema's it will set the bar too high for the average viewer and they'll start going even less to the modern offerings that aren't as good ?

Soldato
i would quite like to see predator in the cinema.

When my mum, brother and i tried to see it they didn't let me in because i obviously wasn't old enough to get in.
So they went to see it and i had to see masters of the universe on my own - sad times indeed (spoilers - its garbage)

Back
Top Bottom