Huawei: Yay or nay?

Soldato
well, ordered a mate 20 pro with the massive price drops ,wanted a better camera (did think of just going mirrorless and getting a "proper camera" but for my needs its fine ,and its got 4k video ,wireless charging ect
effectively £9 a month for 24 months on top of what my sim deal was

Soldato
I would have said nay just for the uncertainty of losing Android. My next phone depending if HTC have anything on the market in the next few years would be a Pixel.

Caporegime
This is the fruits of 30 years of "globalism"
I'm all up for them, P20 Pro owner, best phone i ever had. Don't care if they crash the west's global infrastructure come WW3. Ill be dead "anywei......"

Soldato
I rocked an Honor 7 for 3 years (made by Huawei). Loved it but only problem was alerts for certain apps didn't come through if the app was closed. Namely Starling Bank and Monzo transaction alerts. Not sure if this has been fixed on later EMUI updates.

Associate
i do not think it is a problem i think america is blowing this all out of proportion and trying to make rest of the world follow suit

Soldato
Well trump's administration is already starting to back track.

Kinda funny that this ban essentially forced Huawei to fast track their internal chip manufacturing and in the process make their phones even more chinese.

But even so it doesnt matter. Everyone that wants your data either already has it or can easily acquire it. Giving it to some chinese firm makes very little difference.

Man of Honour
Everyone that wants your data either already has it or can easily acquire it. Giving it to some chinese firm makes very little difference.

That wasn't really the main concern here. It was more about the use of hardware by these companies in backbone infrastructure and the security issues when an employee of a company that has sensitive commercial or military access uses hardware including phones by certain brands if they did have backdoors, etc.

Soldato
well got the mate 20 pro ,very nice and also inexpensive and the camera is much much better than my last phone ,also the full glass covering and nfc plus waterproof ticks all my boxes ,got a wireless charger coming soon

IMG-20190712-185623.jpg

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Ah and quick update, I've ordered a Huawei tablet for him, will take it for a quick spin before it's gifted, hopefully it's fairly well supported.
You’re one of those dirty open-the-CD-rip-it-then-gift-it types, aren’t you? :mad:

Why not just give it to him? Why do you need to open it to test it out?

Associate
yay from a P20 owner.

also used to work in telecomms. All the huawei hardware wipes the floor with nokia etc and should be what makes up our infrastructure. The EU suppliers need to up their game.

Soldato
You’re one of those dirty open-the-CD-rip-it-then-gift-it types, aren’t you? :mad:

Why not just give it to him? Why do you need to open it to test it out?

You mean not everyone does this?! Seriously though I'm more annoyed by the open-the-gfx-card-and-check-the-clocks then return it if its not fast enough brigade, though maybe thats more an issue with a place not checking the returns before they restock them.

Soldato
the new tv add - "nothing has changed" .. like the coke or other reformulation adds/pleas

lots of deals yesterday, especially on their laptops with some discussion on whether microsoft could ever limit their software distribution,
but if you are a win10 user that could be a blessing.

The 15august is when the temporary truce is over so wait and see if anything follows.

Soldato
ive been thinking about the p30 pro with the deals that are floating about ,dosnt answer just also interested

Absolutely agree with this. Unfortunately whatever phone you get, whatever operating system, whatever software such as chrome, safari, everything is being monitored. I'm on iPhone though looked into changing to Huawei a few months ago, just before everything kicked off about Huawei; sticking with iPhone for now.

Its a shame as I was really interested in the Mate p20 pro, I just wanted it in a smaller chassis.

Soldato
Got a P30 pro coming today. Was on the fence a bit until I saw they are giving a free GT watch with every order this month so will give them a go.

(coming from a Honor 7 then View 10 - both really good phones)

Back
Top Bottom