What "man jobs" have you done today?

Soldato
Seen much worse. Ideally you wouldn't have the earths coupled like that outside of the junction box and they should be sleeved but not really a massive issue. Quite why they have not been trimmed back is odd. Perhaps they used to be bonded to the copper pipework nearby. If it were me I would tidy that up but it's not a death waiting to happen with a Neutral or Live.

Soldato
I put three double sockets down the back wall - had to put another one each end - Lamps -phone- reclining chairs - more lamps - she just keeps adding. - In hindsight I would now put double sockets every five foot - even if you never use them. ;)

Associate
I installed a Dension FM modulator in my car. Got more than I bargained for though as I unexpectedly found an old Nokia Bluetooth/hands-free unit already heavily spliced in. Having to agonise over making sure I didn't cut the wrong wires reminded me of bomb disposal in the movies :D

7rkGT4x.jpg

Soldato
wife asked me to fill up the watering cans because I was bored.

414255548.jpg

Soldato
Not a man job, but just overheard an Irish fella giving my next door neighbour a price for cutting their side of the privets and he's asking £240! It takes me like 30 mins max to do my side and I even round it over.

Soldato
I installed a Dension FM modulator in my car. Got more than I bargained for though as I unexpectedly found an old Nokia Bluetooth/hands-free unit already heavily spliced in. Having to agonise over making sure I didn't cut the wrong wires reminded me of bomb disposal in the movies :D

7rkGT4x.jpg
Thats gonna be a nightmare if you need to turn quickly of brake hard. Id get that stuff put away. :D

Soldato
Not so much a man job as a woman job - Wife has been away for 5 days (to Essex of all places) and is due back today so thought I had better do a bit of vacuuming and shift the cat hairs. - It wasn't picking up very well and was getting hot - I keep changing bag and filters on our Miele but as I found today it still gets hot - This time I did do a man job on it and took the floor attachment apart - You have never seen so much solid clogged in dust and hairs - so did the other pet head with spinning brush in it - all good to go for her after she has had a cuppa.

Associate
Thats gonna be a nightmare if you need to turn quickly of brake hard. Id get that stuff put away. :D

Heh. Maybe all that extra gunk has come in handy, as after a long session I prematurely stuffed most of it back behind the head unit. Even though my Dension isn't properly attached like advised, there's no rattling from vibration or sign of it becoming unstuck, probably because its massively cushioned by the remaining extra wiring.

Looks like I'm also set for installing a hands free system in my car. The should-be vacant terminals defined as +/- for the head unit already have wires coming from them as well as mute wiring. Even a mono 3.5 mm jack survived the snipping. I'm also guessing there's the remains of a microphone wired in and running up my lift windscreen pillar.

It's like discovering my car was bugged and I had no idea :p Except I don't care and it was all disconnected anyway ;)

Soldato
macKfpQ.jpg.png NtLsK5j.jpg.png

Painted the gate I made 5-6 years back. I originally used Sikkens in a very light oak and despite me using preservative that claimed to stop blue staining fungus, I ended up getting a fair bit show up after a few years. The light stain didn't help as it was very noticeable so looked a mess. So lightly sanded it and applied 2 coats of Zinser 1-2-3 primer and then 3 coats of Colron garden shades paint. Also spray painted the hinges and handles with Simoniz tough black which seems to hold up well to the elements.

Back
Top Bottom