What PC games are you playing?

Soldato
Alan wake need to go through my steam catalogue might as well go to the start...

Haha I did exactly this a few years ago... actually found Alan Wake to be really fun and enjoyed my time playing it

Fair warning - trying to go alphabetically gets annoying really fast. These days to clear my backlog I go for 2 criteria only:
1. Game that when I see it scrolling past I think "Ooo yes I really want to play that at some point"
2. How long will it take to complete (based on that "howlongtobeat" website's averages)

That's part of what made me start Hellblade:Senua's Sacrifice as soon as I got it through Humble... definitely a game I was interested in, checked how long - ~10 hours max... yep, bash it out

Then I just use smaller/shorter indie titles to plug gaps inbetween bigger games (especially if I've just finished a game like say Dark Souls III)

Soldato
Haha I did exactly this a few years ago... actually found Alan Wake to be really fun and enjoyed my time playing it

Fair warning - trying to go alphabetically gets annoying really fast. These days to clear my backlog I go for 2 criteria only:
1. Game that when I see it scrolling past I think "Ooo yes I really want to play that at some point"
2. How long will it take to complete (based on that "howlongtobeat" website's averages)

That's part of what made me start Hellblade:Senua's Sacrifice as soon as I got it through Humble... definitely a game I was interested in, checked how long - ~10 hours max... yep, bash it out

Then I just use smaller/shorter indie titles to plug gaps inbetween bigger games (especially if I've just finished a game like say Dark Souls III)

Yeah, this is more or less my intention when I get my new PC together. There are a handful of games in my library that I'm itching to play. I'm going to alternate between those (as I see them) must-plays and games that are pretty low on completion time.

Categories in the Steam UI help in organising a library for this purpose as well.

Associate
Raceroom Experience, a sim where I have always had a marmite relationship. Cost me a small fortune so guilt makes me play. Whenever a new pack is released I am like a moth to a flame...

When you get the settings right, this game is very rewarding. Tonight I turned off all the blur and the game resembles something from 10 years back. I like clean sharp visuals rather than post processing stuff - just looks better. My wheel is packed away so resorting to an Xbox One controller, it took a while to get the pad settings right as this game seems to natively prefer the 360 controller. Umpteen settings later, I seem to have now got it working well (given the limitations of a pad) controlled drifting etc. The AI is excellent and I try to race cleanly without contact, it makes the game much harder although I never win a race! :o

Nevertheless, BMW Procars sound and drive really well, NSU TT's are the best even when racing the Nordschleife or shorter tracks, simply brilliant so it makes me forgive all the game quirks!

Soldato
Categories in the Steam UI help in organising a library for this purpose as well.

For sure... I have

"Completed" - for games I'm done with... and
"Probably Never Play" - for games that look like total trash and I have no intention of ever starting

By viewing everything other than those categories I can sort through it all a bit easier

Soldato
Elex - Why, WHY did I buy this game?...it was pretty obvious it wasn't great. I played about an hour and half and have no wish to play any more tbh.

Really annoys me when games are marketed as great RPGs with loads of freedom etc, then you start playing and they give you the most generic looking character and you can't customise them at all! An hour and a half and I am already bored to death of this, character whatever the hell his name is.

Associate
^ Elex is worth sticking with, as it does improve and the freedom comes from having three very distinct factions. It's janky as hell and rock hard at the start, probably the hardest game I've personally played at the beginning, but by 15-20 hours in you'll be more equipped to deal with threats.

Having said that though there's little point investing time in a game you don't enjoy.

Soldato
kingdom come.
just past the proper intro and i can say its pretty incredible. never felt that immersed during a game like skyrim. this would have been immense in VR.

i had a fight with this stupid thug, i was kinda losing.. then i drew my sword.. and my man just ran away, i caught him, and he got on his knees and begged for me to let him go.
i pressed the sneak button infront of a woman and she said "are u a hen trying to lay an egg"

Soldato
kingdom come.
just past the proper intro and i can say its pretty incredible. never felt that immersed during a game like skyrim. this would have been immense in VR.

i had a fight with this stupid thug, i was kinda losing.. then i drew my sword.. and my man just ran away, i caught him, and he got on his knees and begged for me to let him go.
i pressed the sneak button infront of a woman and she said "are u a hen trying to lay an egg"
I waiting for this to be had for a decent price but i never drops that low in the Steam Sale

Soldato
Yea I didn't want to subscribe. I've just picked it up for under a tenner which was nice

its a crazy game.

i just spoke to an NPC which has somehow launched me into some DLC flashback plot which is pretty intense.. of someones back's story which I DO want to see.
The game is amazing. I got given a sword at the start of the game. 2 mins later this guard is running after me trying to kill me. like any video game, i equip the sword, and try to kill the guy.
but BAM no. I can't wield the sword properly, and this guy is a seaoned warrior.

got the game over sign after being killed and it gently reminded me i stand no chance against him.

Soldato
its a crazy game.

i just spoke to an NPC which has somehow launched me into some DLC flashback plot which is pretty intense.. of someones back's story which I DO want to see.
The game is amazing. I got given a sword at the start of the game. 2 mins later this guard is running after me trying to kill me. like any video game, i equip the sword, and try to kill the guy.
but BAM no. I can't wield the sword properly, and this guy is a seaoned warrior.

got the game over sign after being killed and it gently reminded me i stand no chance against him.
Yes I'm looking forward to getting into it. Any idea on best mods?

Soldato
Yes I'm looking forward to getting into it. Any idea on best mods?

I did a couple of hours research. ENBs are available but they mess up cut scene shadows sometimes so I wasn't a fan.

In terms of mods, just a few QOL ones I've installed to increase the speed of herb picking etc.

Soldato
After finishing Desperados, and Random Guy's comments, I suddenly realised I had Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun in my Steam library (no idea when I bought it :p). Loving this just as much as Desperados :)

So I finally finished Shadow Tactics. Excellent game. Wish it had more chapters :p

I decided to give Desperados 2 a go after as it was in the Steam sale. Oh my god! What a steaming pile of crap. I have no idea what happened. The first game is excellent, but this is just clumsy, awkward and the graphics and movement are rubbish. Even the character actors are pants. I'm only on the second mission and I'm already thinking of just binning it. Glad I didn't buy it at full price! :(

Roll on Desperados 3.

Back
Top Bottom