• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Zen 2 Owners Thread!

Associate
There's def something fishy going on.

I'm sitting at idle on the desktop at 1.4+v I've had to put an undervolt on to keep the temps and fan noise too extreme, nothing unliveable with but It's slighly disapointing

Soldato
Yeah my MB set the stock voltage at about 1.44, I've pulled it down to 1.3 in the BIOS @ CPU-Z is reporting 1.24v. Thibgs seem to be hovering abound 4.15 to 4.2 in handbrake.

Is anyone using CAM, i'm using a GRID V2 fan controller so am stuck with it, but it just reading 50c constantly. Is anyone else having the same issues?

I've just started up handbrake for some H.265 encoding and am getting nearly double the FPS over my old 1700 @3.8GHz. I'm rather impressed at that.

Soldato
Undervolt performs better than undervolt + PBO, incredibly. It's a shame the voltage offset on my board is limited to -0.1 V. It still seems too high.

Associate
My voltage is 1.2-1.3 max from what I've observed, which seems fine, but no XMP working for the Taichi… well, I can turn it on if I want to render the blue screen of death...

I have seen a couple of cores boost to 4600+ now though, which is a relief, as XMP was hitting a wall at 4175mhz. Definitely needs to mature the bios and drivers so it plays nice with all hardware, bit cr4p it's been released in such a fashion. Oh well, 2400mhz ram will do for now, it's still significantly quicker than my 2700x, which is a great CPU.

Soldato
There's def something fishy going on.

I'm sitting at idle on the desktop at 1.4+v I've had to put an undervolt on to keep the temps and fan noise too extreme, nothing unliveable with but It's slighly disapointing

It's the reporting not being able to cope with the 1ms changes in clockspeed on the balanced plan? I thought this has already been confirmed?

Soldato
Never mind, even at -0.75 V I get errors in OCCT AVX2 almost immediately. Probably should check stability at stock before messing with undervolting...

Can't get MemTestPro to pass with stock CPU and Ryzen DRAM Calculator "safe" settings, or basic XMP settings.

Absolute pile of crap this build has turned out to be! Wish I hadn't bothered right now.

Last edited:
Associate
settings,voltages ,temps,fps,cinebench cmon spil the beans :p

im currently on 1.35V on 4.3ghz all core OC

my settings are just high-, running a 1440p monitor with 165hz so need good frames

Edit- my temps playing WoW are 53ish and my temps on TD2 are 58-60

ive done cinebench r20

Multi core score was 4966

Single core was 500

the mobo bios is proppa ******, can only use arrow keys and space bar to change settings xD

Associate
Noticeable gaming improvements?

yes i play WoW,as a Mythic raider and i play Division 2, top 10 raider in that game so i need to have constant fps and it doesnt dip as much and also maxes out my gpu so before i was on 92-95% gpu useage and now its locked on 99% useage

also with WoW it makes a big difference in raids etc

anything else i can help you with :)

Soldato
Just installed 3700x with a H100i checked temp is ryzen master ands it's showing as 55c! But it's constantly bouncing around temps

Mobo bios is reporting at 32c as is core temp, what's going on here?

Last edited:
Soldato
Thought this from AMD Robert was useful regarding monitoring apps messing with the readings you are observing:

1. Do not have two different monitoring apps running to compare them, e.g. Ryzen Master and CPU-Z. Or CPU-Z and HWINFO. I see many folks trying to run two apps at the same time, so they can compare behavior. This can cause a race condition, which will affect your results.
  2. Just run CPU-Z at the desktop, by itself, with no other monitoring apps going.
  3. Don't forget background apps like Corsair iCue, NZXT CAM, or software that came with your mobo are also monitoring tools.
  4. Make sure all BIOS voltage settings are set to NORMAL or AUTO. Only enable your XMP profile for the purposes of this test.
  5. Make sure you have chipset driver 1.07.07 (from amd.com), Windows 10 v1903, and the latest BIOS for your motherboard.
  6. Do not worry if your processor is not exactly matching mine with voltage. All we're looking for is the CPU to go to < 1.0V when you're staring at CPU-Z doing nothing. This indicates idle is working correctly.
Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/cbls9g/the_final_word_on_idle_voltages_for_3rd_gen_ryzen/

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Well damn, looks like AMD released another product with driver/bios not being ready at launch. Was toying with the idea of selling my 4770K and going 3600 for a while, but no chance of that after reading about all the issues at present.

Will wait a couple of months and see what’s what. Beta testing should be done by then :p

Associate
Seems pretty good to me 4641 on a single core on x370 with auto settings (I don't care that it shows 1.5v on idle. That's how they designed it).

Undervolting is hurting auto performance.

O0jskvCl.png.jpg

TrM

TrM

Associate
Well damn, looks like AMD released another product with driver/bios not being ready at launch. Was toying with the idea of selling my 4770K and going 3600 for a while, but no chance of that after reading about all the issues at present.

Will wait a couple of months and see what’s what. Beta testing should be done by then :p

I do t think it’s all amd fault though not all bios have latest code msi screwed up on there bios and software ASUs and asrock much better and gigabyte seem to be the best atm

But since amd don’t write the bios it’s down to mobo manufacture to sort and I think a lot of the problems that have come to light is and keeping am4 promise till 2020 and trying to fit everything on the same socket

Associate
On with 3600 with a b450M mortar with newest bios, I'm not happy with the setup. Voltage seems locked at 1.41, temps are horrible and just surfing the web has me between 40-50 most of the time (and I have a wraith Prism, reseated just to ensure it wasn't a cooling issue).

Any suggestions on what to do without hurting performance?

Soldato
Same setup as me (I’m running a Raijintek Ereboss cooler) and the voltage does appear to drop down with the multiplier but more often than not it will be sitting higher.

One thing I am struggling with is IBT where it refuses to go past 3 or 4 passes due to complaining about temperatures, even though it’s reporting no higher than 65 degrees.

I tried it with PBO turned off and the cores still boost to around the same level so need to do a bit more investigating.

Normal usage has no issues at all.

Soldato
On with 3600 with a b450M mortar with newest bios, I'm not happy with the setup. Voltage seems locked at 1.41, temps are horrible and just surfing the web has me between 40-50 most of the time (and I have a wraith Prism, reseated just to ensure it wasn't a cooling issue).

Any suggestions on what to do without hurting performance?

Mines exactly the same but with a H100i, really not sure if the temps are acccurate.

Back
Top Bottom