• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

9900k / 9700k or something else

TrM

TrM

Associate
If you do multi media stuff. Then it's AMD

If your a gamer. Then it's Intel. Simples really

Sorry but it’s do I own a 2080ti and game at 1080p = intel
If it’s so I game at 1440p and upwards it’s amd
If I do anything on my pc but game at 1080p it’s amd

Soldato
Sorry but it’s do I own a 2080ti and game at 1080p = intel
If it’s so I game at 1440p and upwards it’s amd
If I do anything on my pc but game at 1080p it’s amd

What are you talking about?

I game at UHD with a 9700K and an old Titan. All good.
The more FPS the smother the games are.

People buy Intel CPUs as the know they can clock the nuts off it.

If AMD brought out an Intel beating CPU for gaming. I would buy it. I'm no fan boy.

TrM

TrM

Associate
What are you talking about?

I game at UHD with a 9700K and an old Titan. All good.
The more FPS the smother the games are.

People buy Intel CPUs as the know they can clock the nuts off it.

If AMD brought out an Intel beating CPU for gaming. I would buy it. I'm no fan boy.

Sorry but at 4K i9 i7 and 3700x 3900X makes no difference to you. Every reviewer who has done tests on 4K uhd gaming have shown ur gpu is to limited for the cpu to make any difference at all hexk even a 2700x could match your intel cpu at that Rez lol

The only thing i9 and 3700x amd 3900X is give you more of power for the crap we all run in the background

But ofc intel gives you better FPS vs amd at 1080p with a 2080 ti so people who game at 4K must be the same right :(

Soldato
Sorry but at 4K i9 i7 and 3700x 3900X makes no difference you every reviewer who has done tests on 4K uhd gaming have shown ur gpu is to limited for the cpu to make any difference at all hexk even a 2700x could match your intel cpu at that Rez lol

First. It's UHD not 4K. 4K is 4096X2160.

My CPU is clocked at [email protected]. My Titan X pascal is overclocked to hell as well.
No problems for me. But each to their own.

Soldato
Sorry but at 4K i9 i7 and 3700x 3900X makes no difference you every reviewer who has done tests on 4K uhd gaming have shown ur gpu is to limited for the cpu to make any difference at all hexk even a 2700x could match your intel cpu at that Rez lol

I need to tell all my mates on Skylake and Haswell Core i7 CPUs under 4.5GHZ they need to play on consoles as the FPS is too slow! Ryzen owners need to play on mobiles as mobiles have more FPS! 5GHZ CPUs only for PCMR or go home!

:D

Sarcasm\.

TrM

TrM

Associate
I need to tell all my mates on Skylake and Haswell Core i7 CPUs under 4.5GHZ they need to play on consoles as the FPS is too slow!

Sorry I’m lost on that comment hehe all I’m saying is no modern cpu on pc gaming makes a difference to gaming at 4K like it does at 1080p at 4K your gpu is the deciding factor on FPS And any modern cpu like ryZen 2000 or 3000 or Intel’s cpu make that much of a difference

Soldato
Sorry I’m lost on that comment hehe all I’m saying is no modern cpu on pc gaming makes a difference to gaming at 4K like it does at 1080p at 4K your gpu is the deciding factor on FPS Andy Ave ryZen 2000 or 3000 or Intel’s cpu make that much of a difference
It's sarcasm.

Most gamers don't even overclock let alone have 8 core CPUs. Argueing over what 8 core you need for gaming is OTT for most gamers anyway!

Associate
Because Intel has the best performance and is cheaper! However, it is the 9700K which is the better choice for gaming. It beats the 3900X and costs £140 less (although you do need to add a cooler).

The 3700X is £20 cheaper than the 9700K but performs noticeably worse in games.

The 9900K never made any sense for gaming alone. It only pulls ahead of the 9700K for certain productivity tasks. For those duties the 3900X is now the better choice.

Unless someone gets a pre-binned 9700k. I'm trying to justify getting one lol

TrM

TrM

Associate
Unless someone gets a pre-binned 9700k. I'm trying to justify getting one lol

I could never justify paying extra for a binned cpu. I get why shops like ocuk do it have 200 in stock open 100 and sell them as binned and changing stock paste etc. It it’s just the premium you have to pay

Soldato
Few people consider it but why not both of you are rich.

For consoles you want the best of everything you buy each console.

On pc if you want the best of everything you buy a 3900x for work and a 9900k for gaming and run 2 pcs

Until someone produces a motherboard with two sockets one for intel and one for amd

Associate

My CPU is clocked at [email protected]. My Titan X pascal is overclocked to hell as well.
That's a bit pedantic, but they're both technically 4K (roughly 4k horizontal pixels wide). 4K UHD is 3840x2160 and DCI 4K (Movie standard) is 4096x2160.

Associate
Few people consider it but why not both of you are rich.

For consoles you want the best of everything you buy each console.

On pc if you want the best of everything you buy a 3900x for work and a 9900k for gaming and run 2 pcs

Until someone produces a motherboard with two sockets one for intel and one for amd
Unless you're really really rich, there's better things to spend it on. I mean you could do exactly that but requires extra space + time invested etc. usage I Although, one usage I could see is for streamers/content creators 9900k for gaming and 3700x for streaming/editing.

TrM

TrM

Associate

4k and uhd are not that far from each other whilst there is a difference I’m sorry for not being more technical on my answer.

But here is the thing you decided to pair your Titan x with a 9700k a nice combo tbh ( I would imagine you had your gpu first ) and a very good gaming setup.

I have a 4.3ghz ryZen 9 paired with a 2080 now I can game at uhd on my Samsung tv or I can game on my Acer 27 1440p 144hz monitor and personally same as you no matter which cpu we went for they would all perform the same in games at our chosen resulation the intel 900mhz you have over my 3900X currently means nothing for either of us my 2080 and your Titan runs out of steam for our cpu to make a difference

I think the new intel chips will make this debate even harder I expect intel to pull ahead in ipc again and close the multi core performance again also it’s nice to see amd and intel trading blows interesting times for pc tbh

Associate
From a gamers perspective :I think the point about higher fps at 1080p is future performance at 1440p. Within the lifespan of the cpu, another generation or two of gpu will see that gap appear at 1440p. Possibly adding to the longevity/value.

I would recommend the ryzen to most my friends. It's just really good value and overall a lot better cpu, cores power. But to a serious gamer who is paying out for high end gpu, it is a harder choice.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom