Msi X570 Meg ace problems

TrM

TrM

Associate
i brought a 3900X and Msi X570 Meg ace from overclockers on release day and got them on Tuesday making this thread as I’ve noticed quite a few problems and looking for some advice :)

My pc is X570 ace with 3900X 16gb Corsair cl 16 ram gigabyte 2080 gaming with acool plexus block with hx750i psu in phanteks elvov x case with Corsair hydro x cpu block and pump Rez combo with 240mm acool and 360mm radiator,

I’m on the v13 bios. Now msi have put all there software into the dragon center and when I install that it over writes everything the inbuilt monitoring and overclocking software In dragon center sets my cpu to only base clock of 3.8ghz in balance mode setting and locks it to it no boosting or anything and sets Vcore to 1.175v and doesn’t allow for any changes even in the bios the software overwrites it’s and at silent it’s clocked at 2.77ghz with same Vcore etc then the extream profile tries to run 4.2ghz all core at 1.175v and well my pc crashes :) not surprisingly hehe :) so I uninstalled the program .

Without dragon center on my pc acts just as strangely at idle I getting Vcore boosting to 1.5v and temps are bouncing between 48 and 64 degrees well spiking to 64 degrees but under prime 95 test for 4 hours at avarage of 4.1ghz my temps avarage 64 to 70 degrees max being 71 degrees.

I don’t know what causing any of these problems dragon softway seems rushed missing a lot of tools and is not acting as it sould do but without it my cpu is still acting weird anyone else got these problems or same motherboard as me any ideas how I can make it work as intended ?

Soldato
Get rid of Dragon centre, I installed it on mine, everything that I had already customized in Windows, it reset it all, its just bloatware, set everything up in Windows and the bios manually yourself and it should work as intended, im running a 2700X on mine and its boosting as normal.

Do you mean the v12 bios...I dont see a v13 on their site for that board, if you are running a beta bios, that could also be causing problems.

Soldato
I tried this board... All working well for me...

Don't install such software it's not good at all.

I'm loving this board myself, but starting to think I need a 3000 series CPU as I've just brought 32gb of trident z royal silver cl18 but can't get it stable at full speed, best I've managed so far is cl16 3400, 3000 series CPUs have a better memory controller

Soldato
Yeah much better imc on 3000 series but no real benefit of this feature above 3600mhz.

Thanks, a bit of tweaking here and there and I figured it out, so far so good, passed an hour of memtest x64 so far at 3600mhz, all 4 sticks, as long as it doesnt error in the next few hours, i'll leave it running all night.

Sorry dont mean to hijack the thread.

TrM

TrM

Associate
OP
Well I tried a lot of the stuff in the bios to help get my stock temps down and seems with no real success so I decided to overclock the cpu and keep a manual voltage in the bios and to my surprise my pc is stable 4.3ghz with 1.25v which really surprised me I was expecting higher

Associate
Well I tried a lot of the stuff in the bios to help get my stock temps down and seems with no real success so I decided to overclock the cpu and keep a manual voltage in the bios and to my surprise my pc is stable 4.3ghz with 1.25v which really surprised me I was expecting higher

How you finding the chipset fan noise on this board? MSI seem to have the best layout with the fan being towards the bottom of the board and not blocked by GPU when using top slot.

TrM

TrM

Associate
OP
How you finding the chipset fan noise on this board? MSI seem to have the best layout with the fan being towards the bottom of the board and not blocked by GPU when using top slot.

Min my system I have hardly any noise custom loop with slow moving fans

The chipset makes a a lot of noise when first turned on the system like it runs at max speed till the bios screen shows then ramps way down mine spins at under 1k rpm so it’s pritty silent any haven’t heard it ramp up at all.

So in operation it’s very good but the initial turning on the pc it’s very noisy for a few seconds

Associate
Min my system I have hardly any noise custom loop with slow moving fans

The chipset makes a a lot of noise when first turned on the system like it runs at max speed till the bios screen shows then ramps way down mine spins at under 1k rpm so it’s pritty silent any haven’t heard it ramp up at all.

So in operation it’s very good but the initial turning on the pc it’s very noisy for a few seconds

That's great cheers ;)

Soldato
i brought a 3900X and Msi X570 Meg ace from overclockers on release day and got them on Tuesday making this thread as I’ve noticed quite a few problems and looking for some advice :)

My pc is X570 ace with 3900X 16gb Corsair cl 16 ram gigabyte 2080 gaming with acool plexus block with hx750i psu in phanteks elvov x case with Corsair hydro x cpu block and pump Rez combo with 240mm acool and 360mm radiator,

I’m on the v13 bios. Now msi have put all there software into the dragon center and when I install that it over writes everything the inbuilt monitoring and overclocking software In dragon center sets my cpu to only base clock of 3.8ghz in balance mode setting and locks it to it no boosting or anything and sets Vcore to 1.175v and doesn’t allow for any changes even in the bios the software overwrites it’s and at silent it’s clocked at 2.77ghz with same Vcore etc then the extream profile tries to run 4.2ghz all core at 1.175v and well my pc crashes :) not surprisingly hehe :) so I uninstalled the program .

Without dragon center on my pc acts just as strangely at idle I getting Vcore boosting to 1.5v and temps are bouncing between 48 and 64 degrees well spiking to 64 degrees but under prime 95 test for 4 hours at avarage of 4.1ghz my temps avarage 64 to 70 degrees max being 71 degrees.

I don’t know what causing any of these problems dragon softway seems rushed missing a lot of tools and is not acting as it sould do but without it my cpu is still acting weird anyone else got these problems or same motherboard as me any ideas how I can make it work as intended ?
Load optimised defaults in your UEFI.

TrM

TrM

Associate
OP
Load optimised defaults in your UEFI.

Ut was one of the first things I did when I noticed high voltage and high temps at idle but it didn’t help even trying the earlier bios and the newer one nothing helps although overclocking to 4.3 ghz with 1.25v have

Associate
Just purchased this board myself from OCUK along with a 3900X. The board should be delivered today but no news on the CPU yet.

The added incentive of the ‘I love you Ryzen 3000’ promotion where you can claim the Cooler master AIO for the cpu free was what swayed me towards this board. However seeing 8pack say here the board is decent is even better!!!

Back
Top Bottom