Noctua Passive cooler.

Soldato
It will be interesting to see if the higher density fins will cool better passively compared to more thinner fins, or even nofans cr80.
I have a 65w tdp intel CPU and use a Raijintek ereboss passively, the only fan is a 140mm intake and the thermals are excellent acceptable (edit as I have just ran prime95 and furmark).

Last edited:
Soldato
It will be interesting to see if the higher density fins will cool better passively compared to more thinner fins, or even nofans cr80.
If there's absolutely zero fans in PC and only airflow is temperature difference based, fin spacing needs to be big.
And I guess they try to use mass of thicker fins to also slow down temperature rise in short load spikes.
With normal fin thickness heatsink with that number of fins would be very light.

But that tiny number of fins makes surface area very small compared to massive dimensions, which certainly cripples performance if there's any airflow from some fan.

Soldato
Anyone seen the prototype of their massive fanless cooler , it should work well on Ryzen 65w ?
If you have case fans, Thermalright ARO-M14/HR-02 Macho (rev B) should work.
Compared to norm they use super loose fin spacing and are intended for use also without own fan.
Certainly simple cardboard airflow guide from case rear fan would do the trick.

Back
Top Bottom