**** The Official OnePlus 7/OnePlus 7 Pro Thread ****

Soldato
It degrades the battery faster. If you're in no rush (e.g. charging overnight), then it makes sense to charge at a lower rate.
Exactly this, fast charging for the sake of it only serves to shorten the battery life.
I often charge mine while driving to and from work so that does enough.

Associate
New update

We are starting to push the incremental roll-out of OxygenOS 9.5.9 for the OnePlus 7 Pro.

Changelog: Yuuge One!

• System
    • Improved touch sensitivity for greater performance
    • Smoother Visual effects
    • Optimized haptic feedback for the keyboard
    • Optimized the sensitivity of automatic brightness
    • Optimized auto-switch of display resolution
    • Optimized the speed and accuracy of GPS when the screen is turned off
    • Adjusted haptic feedback of third-party app notifications
    • Added Face Unlock assistive lighting (Settings - Security & lock screen - Face Unlock - Face Unlock assistive lighting)
    • Increased sound enhancement for OnePlus Bullets Wireless 2 (Settings - Sound & vibration - Dolby Atmos - Earphone Adjustment - Earphone Sound Enhancement)
    • Updated Android security patch to 2019.06
    • Support VoLTE/VoWiFi for 3 SE and Telenor SE (EEA Only)
    • General bug fixes and improvements
  • Camera
    • Improved the performance of camera mode while switching from front to back
    • Improved speed of auto-focus
    • Advanced photo-stitching in Panorama mode
    • Improved photo quality of 48MP JPG in Pro mode

Associate
Exactly this, fast charging for the sake of it only serves to shorten the battery life.
I often charge mine while driving to and from work so that does enough.
If you want to really improve battery life then try to not charge to 100% unless you really need the charge. 85 or 90 each day will help a good bit. I use accubattey on my OnePlus 3 the last year. One plus 7 arrived today so will continue with that as well. Slow charge to 85%

Soldato
Which cases are everybody using? I always hate putting a svelte beautifully designed phone in a clumpy case. It's like getting a gorgeous sofa and covering it in plastic sheeting.

Any suggestions of a lightweight, slim case (ideally clear) that offers a degree of safety would be cool.

Associate
Soldato
The only problem with these cases, is you end up with dust and other abrasive particles getting in-between phone and case. Causes more marks than just not using one. I always use a leather sleeve to protect it in my pocket then just use it naked. My phones are always pristine when I come to sell them.

Soldato
I'm using this one: Ringke

Certainly a lot more bulkier than others, but i've gone through about 3 or 4 cases now, included the one that came with the phone and the grip has been awful on all of them, slid around in my hand a crazy amount. I did want a bumper case as a lot of cases offer little to no protection at all from drops and a few I tried didn't have any raised lips to protect the front glass.

This one certainly isn't for everyone as it is a bit bulky, but not crazy bulky, but its the best one i've found so far!

Soldato
How is the camera on the Pro model?

I'd be coming from an LG G7 and use the wide angle camera quite a bit (which I understand the OP7 also has?)

Also, is the wide angle also on the front facing camera or just the back?

Soldato
How is the camera on the Pro model?

I'd be coming from an LG G7 and use the wide angle camera quite a bit (which I understand the OP7 also has?)

Also, is the wide angle also on the front facing camera or just the back?
Think it's just the rear wide angle. The front facing just looks like a standard.

Back
Top Bottom