Poll: British Grand Prix 2019, Silverstone - Race 10/21

Rate the 2019 British Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Caporegime
Was it though? In reality they gave him low fuel and a way higher engine mode, it's a confidence boosting lap and as no one else did a remotely comparable lap engine mode wise we have no idea how good a lap it really is.

He's also apparently been told to stick with Max's setup as the team believes he's gotten miles away from where he should be trying different things to find lap time. Neither of these things are particularly positive.

Pretty much anyone can get P1 in Fp1 if the team goes lets just do a actual full power qualifying lap.

Soldato
Was it though? In reality they gave him low fuel and a way higher engine mode, it's a confidence boosting lap and as no one else did a remotely comparable lap engine mode wise we have no idea how good a lap it really is.

He's also apparently been told to stick with Max's setup as the team believes he's gotten miles away from where he should be trying different things to find lap time. Neither of these things are particularly positive.

Pretty much anyone can get P1 in Fp1 if the team goes lets just do a actual full power qualifying lap.

Oh. (A stark reminder why not to read into FP times) I switched off my phone once the flag was waved. Thought he had suddenly found pace. Naive boy

Caporegime
Yeah, it felt very much to most that they were giving him a bit of a glory run confidence boost, though I don't know how much confidence you can gain when you know you've been given higher engine modes just to look less slow. We'll see but I think qualifying will not be far off normal. Though if he's gone the wrong way on setup for well months and if the team force him to stick with Max's maybe that will bring some of his pace back.

Associate
With the insane number of incidents Grosjean got into last year, and as shown on Netflix, how clearly angry Guenther was, we're talking 7-8 contacts or full on crashes in the first half of the season, that insanely stupid Spain incident, I don't know how he wasn't canned after last year and even then he was lucky to still be in F1 at that point.

It makes it even funnier that Grosjean has apparently been complaining about the car badly for a long time and begging to go back to the Australia spec because it's when he last liked the car. They finally gave in and let him have a full Australia spec car for this weekend and he bins it without getting on track, then he goes out and spins on his first hot lap. Guy is an idiot.
Did he try and blame it on someone else, as per his normal protocol?

Soldato
Grosjeans been stealing a living in F1 for years, he's had 8 years at it which is way more than many others have been given and done little but moan in most of them. Time for someone else to get a go in that seat next season.

Soldato
I just realised Silverstone is actually live on channel 4.. Thing is, so is the Wimbledon Women's final at 1pm and I want to see both. I'm going to be flicking rapidly between both channels.

Back
Top Bottom