** 27" 2560x1440 144Hz+ FREESYNC AND G-SYNC MONITOR FROM AOC SAVE UP TO £150 **

OcUK Staff
Hi all,

Got a great deal on some nicely specced monitors for you. You can save up to £150 on both the FreeSync and G-Sync models below. Only 15 left of each, once they are gone they are gone!

AOC AGON AG273QCX 27" 2560x1440 QHD VA 144Hz 1ms FreeSync 2 Curved Widescreen LED Gaming Monitor @ £409.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/AOC-...-Widescreen-LED-Gaming-Monitor-MO-04Y-AO.html

27" Display, VA Panel, QHD 2560x1440 Resolution, AMD FreeSync, 1ms Response Time, 144Hz Refresh Rate, 1800R Curvature, HDMI/ DisplayPort, 5W Built-in Speakers
Height Adjustable, Curved

Only £409.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

AOC AGON AG273QCG 27" 2560x1440 QHD TN 165Hz 1ms G-Sync Curved Widescreen Gaming Monitor @ £499.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/AOC-...rved-Widescreen-Gaming-Monitor-MO-04X-AO.html

LED BAcklit, 2560x1440 Resolution, Contrast Ration 1000:1, 165Hz Refresh Rate, G-Sync, Curved, 1ms Response Time, 1 HDMI, 1 DP, 4 USB, Speakers, 3 Year Warranty

Only £499.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

OcUK Staff
OP
does it make your eyes point outward, ive heard it does

Definitely not!

14_Steve-Buscemi-1024x669.jpg

Associate
One of my monitors is a 1440 27" flat monitor from AOC and I have been impressed with its quality and picture. Prior that that I had an Illyama and that was surprisingly inferior and failed after a few years.

Soldato
so if I buy a new monitor would you recommend that I get a curved one? I have no experience of a curved monitor at all - so any info is welcome.

I would suggest going somewhere first hand so you can see it just to make sure, the black shirt shop usually have them thats where I went to see them and it made me feel dizzy, I had my glasses on at the time. It was weird like my eyes couldnt focus properly. I`m long sighted and short sighed so its probably down to that.

Associate
I would suggest going somewhere first hand so you can see it just to make sure, the black shirt shop usually have them thats where I went to see them and it made me feel dizzy, I had my glasses on at the time. It was weird like my eyes couldnt focus properly. I`m long sighted and short sighed so its probably down to that.
I am both long sighted and short sighted. But for monitors I don’t wear glasses. I got one of them gunners computer glasses that has both a slight prescription and a prismatic eff3ct as well as the blue light reduction coating. Gunners will do prescription lenses but perhaps you could get a third pair of prescription specs specifically for computer use ie. 1m focus distance.

Soldato
I am both long sighted and short sighted. But for monitors I don’t wear glasses. I got one of them gunners computer glasses that has both a slight prescription and a prismatic eff3ct as well as the blue light reduction coating. Gunners will do prescription lenses but perhaps you could get a third pair of prescription specs specifically for computer use ie. 1m focus distance.

I have prescription glasses just for computer work already with intermediate lenses. They are fine for me don't see point in spending more on specs I don't really need. If I don't wear glasses then the monitor is just a blurry mess so your prescription is a lot different to mine if you don't wear glasses for monitor work.

Soldato
Why do manufacturers insists on putting curved screens on 27 inch monitors? It’s gimmicky and useless on screens that size.

Shame, because otherwise, it looks a great monitor.
Indeed, hopefully this fad will die out soon as otherwise that's a really decent screen for the money.

Associate
Always annoys me that curved screens are usually cheaper (or on offer more) than their flat brothers and sisters I assume this is because nobody wants them? I had a 65 in Curved TV a while back lasted 2 weeks until I put a flat one back in... gimmicky crap.

OcUK Staff
Always annoys me that curved screens are usually cheaper (or on offer more) than their flat brothers and sisters I assume this is because nobody wants them? I had a 65 in Curved TV a while back lasted 2 weeks until I put a flat one back in... gimmicky crap.

More likely that the sales on curved monitors are better, therefore more are produced, therefore the manufacture cost is lower, which leads to the better prices. I use a 34" Curved 4K HP Omen at home and 100% would not go back to a flat monitor for gaming. Definitely has a better feel of immersion. Curved TV's I haven't experienced but I expect the effect is lost due to how far away you generally sit from the TV.

Back
Top Bottom