How long have you been with the same network?

Associate
Joined Three in Dec 2014 and been with them ever since.

I moved from EE because of their 50p customer service queue jumping policy.

Haven't felt the need to move with Three due to getting unlimited minutes, 4 GB data for just £9 per month.

I used to be on that package but they were stopping it and wanted to hike my price up to £12pm. I was then offered 8GB with roaming and hotspot and other benefits for £9pm. Might be worth contacting them at some point and see if they could offer a better package if you want it! I didn't use the 4GB before hand, so wanted a cheaper deal, but enjoy the three WUNTU offers occasionally so stuck with it.

Before wanting data I was on PAYG giffgaff for about 6 years and then used a Tesco sim as well with a dual sim phone.

Associate
They charge me £8 for the same thing but the main benefit for me is I unlimited calls and 4GB of data to anywhere in the EU when I'm roaming in the EU.

Good deal, MP.

I'm not ready to change my sim deal yet as my priority is to buy a new phone. I pay jump ship and go for superdug mobile or Smarty. Both NVMOs are owned by Three. Smarty is an interesting proposition as you'll get discounts on unused data each month.

ETA: Good deal, Rudge. I will have your post in mind when I negotiate with Three.

Last edited:
Associate
19 years when I got a Motorola M3788 on Orange in 2000. Mainly been with Orange and Tmobile and now EE apart from a brief 18 month period I had a Samsung E700 flip phone.
Happy with them. Full signal where I live/lived and 4g is always available. Not the cheapest but happy with them.

Associate
Usually just go with whoever offers the most data for the least amount on contract.

O2 have been by far the worst for me. Just got out of contract on my Note 8, technology has peaked in phones so holding onto my current phone for now.

Just moved to VOXI (Vodafone). £10 a month, 8GB of data, unlimited everything else. Getting 100mb download speeds too so pretty happy with that!

Will do me for now :)

Soldato
Just moved to VOXI (Vodafone). £10 a month, 8GB of data, unlimited everything else. Getting 100mb download speeds too so pretty happy with that!

Will do me for now :)

I'm on VOXI and finding them very convenient. I moved from Vodafone and they didn't even need a PAC. Just got on livechat and VOXI closed my old contract and set up my new 30-day rolling one. I could use the old Vodafone SIM as well so didn't require a new one.

Of course this only applies if you're currently on Vodafone, since they own VOXI.

Associate
Just got on livechat and VOXI closed my old contract and set up my new 30-day rolling one. I could use the old Vodafone SIM as well so didn't require a new one.

Of course this only applies if you're currently on Vodafone, since they own VOXI.

I did the PAC stuff myself, requested one from O2 and didn't even have to call/talk to anyone at VOXI, there was an option when logging in to my VOXI account to enter my PAC along with the SIM number I'm transferring and a day later it was done - Great :)

I was with Orange since the late 90's and when I finally canceled my Orange Every Day 50 contract the customer service person said I was probably the last person to have that contract in the country.

I remember Every Day 50! :D In 2000, I was on PAYG but knew a friend who was on Every Day 50. It was £15 a month with free calls up to 50 minutes a day. That was a huge amount of free minutes back then because I remember years later, I got onto a contract for the first time, and it was something like £28/month in 2004 and it was 200 free minutes and 30 free texts. So Every Day 50 was much better imo. I think that contract ended by 2001 for new customers, but the friend stayed on it for several more years and only switched in 2007 or 2008 to get one of the first iPhones.

Three have just told me my 4gb £9.22/pm deal is going and they've kindly offered me £16 as my next best option. So that's useful.

Ironically my (now very much rolling) "contract" doesn't expire until 2021 according to their app. L'sigh.

Edit - just got my PAC code, they're offering 8gb for £10 but refuse to make it easy to move to it and keep offering me £16 and £20 contracts. So Voxi any good?

Last edited:
Soldato
I remember Every Day 50! :D In 2000, I was on PAYG but knew a friend who was on Every Day 50. It was £15 a month with free calls up to 50 minutes a day. That was a huge amount of free minutes back then because I remember years later, I got onto a contract for the first time, and it was something like £28/month in 2004 and it was 200 free minutes and 30 free texts. So Every Day 50 was much better imo. I think that contract ended by 2001 for new customers, but the friend stayed on it for several more years and only switched in 2007 or 2008 to get one of the first iPhones.
:D That's the one. By the time it ended I was only paying about £12/month for it and I was mainly using it to call for free some 087 numbers and storing credit with QXDial. Once phones started to be powerful and featured enough to last at least a couple years then SIM only became a thing and you could get decent contracts for £5/month then I finally bade farewell to it. Sad to let it go but times change. ;)

Soldato
Been with 3 for probably 10 years.
Not really any intention of changing.
Currently on an 8gb plan.. I'm not a huge streamer but I was on 4gb which used to be ok but nowadays not quite enough.

I surf the net a lot on my phone, so I've also had to use quite draconian adblockers and data saving techniques.

Associate
Three have just told me my 4gb £9.22/pm deal is going and they've kindly offered me £16 as my next best option. So that's useful.

Ironically my (now very much rolling) "contract" doesn't expire until 2021 according to their app. L'sigh.

Edit - just got my PAC code, they're offering 8gb for £10 but refuse to make it easy to move to it and keep offering me £16 and £20 contracts. So Voxi any good?

Same thing has happened to me now. Currently looking to end my contract.

Soldato
Been with Three for 6 years or so I think. I'm currently paying £12.30/pm for 12gb and even though I barely used 2gb a month, I have no real incentive to move and the extra data is nice when I go on holiday and end up using a load more.

Back
Top Bottom