Poll: British Grand Prix 2019, Silverstone - Race 10/21

Rate the 2019 British Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Esteban did not like this.
:p it's a tricky one for Merc, do you give Bottas another year next year? If so are you gonna waste another year of Ocons career or find a seat for him? Realistically only 2 Merc engined team seats available Perez or Kubica, Williams is a waste of time and not sure Racing point would let Perez go when their other driver is a waste of space!

Personally I've seen enough of Bottas in the Merc, he's never gonna be the heir apparent to Hamilton so time to start auditioning some new drivers.

Man of Honour
:p it's a tricky one for Merc, do you give Bottas another year next year? If so are you gonna waste another year of Ocons career or find a seat for him? Realistically only 2 Merc engined team seats available Perez or Kubica, Williams is a waste of time and not sure Racing point would let Perez go when their other driver is a waste of space!

Personally I've seen enough of Bottas in the Merc, he's never gonna be the heir apparent to Hamilton so time to start auditioning some new drivers.

I'd give Ocon a chance. There are plenty of drivers like Bottas out there - he can't defend and he struggles with consistent race pace across multiple weekends. Then get Max or LecLerc.

Soldato
Bottas is exactly the driver Mercedes need right now. He's a tenth or two off Hamilton most days so there's no tension between the drivers, but he's quick enough to bring it home on the podium. If he's happy to do it again next year, I can't see any reason for Merc to dump him for Ocon.

Caporegime
Bottas is exactly the driver Mercedes need right now. He's a tenth or two off Hamilton most days so there's no tension between the drivers, but he's quick enough to bring it home on the podium. If he's happy to do it again next year, I can't see any reason for Merc to dump him for Ocon.
Toto promised Esteban he’d get a seat for 2020. Even if that meant releasing him from the Mercedes young driver program. He could have a seat at Haas if they do the right thing and dump Romain. He could go to Williams if they drop Kubica too.

Soldato

This. Bottas keeps Hamilton honest and provides a safe pair of hands bringing good points in most weekends.

Soldato

This. Bottas keeps Hamilton honest and provides a safe pair of hands bringing good points in most weekends.
Mercedes may need Bottas now but what about the near future? They need a replacement for Hamilton when he hangs up his helmet, which could be any time, and this is NOT Bottas. Mercedes can't just rely on the fact that Max will want to go there by default when they need him. If hamilton leaves who do they have to fill his shoes? They need to give someone else a go because let's be honest Ocon or anyone can play second fiddle to Hamilton just like Bottas does now, but one of them might just be good enough to fill his shoes where as Bottas is not.

Associate
Mercedes may need Bottas now but what about the near future? They need a replacement for Hamilton when he hangs up his helmet, which could be any time, and this is NOT Bottas. Mercedes can't just rely on the fact that Max will want to go there by default when they need him. If hamilton leaves who do they have to fill his shoes? They need to give someone else a go because let's be honest Ocon or anyone can play second fiddle to Hamilton just like Bottas does now, but one of them might just be good enough to fill his shoes where as Bottas is not.

Long term and a potential Hamilton replacement - I would guess Norris is on the radar? I hope Russell is not overlooked.

Bottas and Hamilton work well together, I don't see the benefit of changing at this stage.

Soldato
I've come to Silverstone for my first ever GP. My brother and I got tickets and camping in Woodlands Thurs to Sun for my Dad's 60th birthday. We're in Luffield tomorrow.

Unfortunately I've picked up a temperature or something and could barely walk to the gate without turning into jelly so I've missed all of today's action.

Hopefully I'll be a bit better tomorrow!

Any ideas on when is the best time to leave tomorrow?

Soldato
I've come to Silverstone for my first ever GP. My brother and I got tickets and camping in Woodlands Thurs to Sun for my Dad's 60th birthday. We're in Luffield tomorrow.

Unfortunately I've picked up a temperature or something and could barely walk to the gate without turning into jelly so I've missed all of today's action.

Hopefully I'll be a bit better tomorrow!

Any ideas on when is the best time to leave tomorrow?
Do you have seats booked?

Soldato
Got to circuit at 08:00 from campsite. No queue to get in and plenty of spaces for General Admission as far as I can see. Can't understand the claims you need to be here by 5:00am or earlier. I'm on Copse at the moment to watch a bit of F3. Will head to my seat later on but don't want to be stuck in it all day.

Currently quite windy and cold with lots of dark clouds in the sky... No rain forecast according to BBC.

Man of Honour
Gutted to miss this today. Hamilton has a good shot, but he needs a perfect start and to not get stuck behind Leclerc. Bottas will be slow as usual. Mercedes have this on pace and strategy, but anything can happen.

Back
Top Bottom