• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Zen 2 Owners Thread!

Soldato
I think this is the problem for some of us with louder coolers. We're not used to having such high temperatures and fan noise for either Intel or Ryzen 2x CPU's for stuff as mundane as browsing the web.

As someone else said I'll just have to set a different fan curve and keep an eye on it really, though from purely habit the thought of a CPU idling at 50c+ while surfing the web makes me feel uncomfortable....as does the fact that I have to go messing with fan curves at all.
I find idle temps vary between 30 and 40

My Evo212 must be holding up quite good after all the talk of temps at first I was shocked with it hitting 95

Soldato
So should we expect this to be improved on the next gen of Ryzen?

I wish I could add another fan to my CPU cooler but I am very restricted with my case Louqe Ghost S1. The L12 is seen as the best air cooler for it but you can only run the small 92mm fan.

I have a small top hat which I could use to add 2 slim 15mm Noctua fans to extract the hot air from the case which might improve things abit. I would love to go custom water cooling in the future. Maybe this will accelerate this dream.

Don't get me wrong the speed of this chip is amazing compared to my old 2700 its just a shame about the acoustics/heat really.

Can you add a top 120mm fan like the Scythe Slipstream slim which is 12mm?

The Ghost S1 with large top hat will fit an AIO cooler. I checked the Ryzen 7 3700X it does consume a bit more power than the Ryzen 7 2700 but significantly less than the Ryzen 7 2700X or a Core i9 9900K. I would probably try undervolting the CPU a bit.

But you are still doing better than my Xeon E3 system in a bigger mini-ITX case. I had a 120mm fan on the cooler.

Regarding the next generation it might be better - even later on as yields get better we might see more Ryzen 3000 models. For example we saw the 45W Ryzen 2700E.

Associate
Can you add a top 120mm fan like the Scythe Slipstream slim which is 12mm?

The Ghost S1 with large top hat will fit an AIO cooler. I checked the Ryzen 7 3700X it does consume a bit more power than the Ryzen 7 2700 but significantly less than the Ryzen 7 2700X or a Core i9 9900K. I would probably try undervolting the CPU a bit.

But you are still doing better than my Xeon E3 system in a bigger mini-ITX case. I had a 120mm fan on the cooler.

Regarding the next generation it might be better - even later on as yields get better we might see more Ryzen 3000 models. For example we saw the 45W Ryzen 2700E.

The heatsink is literally touching the side of the case it's that tight (Check the Spoiler Tag)! I would try the AIO option but trying to get a hold of a large top hat seems impossible at the moment! The company has went very quite since shipping all the cases which is disappointing because I love this case.

I will undervolt it to 1.3V! I done it briefly earlier and a quick Cinebench R15 run didn't give me any worse result.

I done a quick comparison with my 2700 and the gains are massive. But to be honest I could never got my 2700 to boost for some reason.

olV6xAQ.png

4fkP1zxr.jpg

Soldato
The heatsink is literally touching the side of the case it's that tight (Check the Spoiler Tag)! I would try the AIO option but trying to get a hold of a large top hat seems impossible at the moment! The company has went very quite since shipping all the cases which is disappointing because I love this case.

I will undervolt it to 1.3V! I done it briefly earlier and a quick Cinebench R15 run didn't give me any worse result.

I done a quick comparison with my 2700 and the gains are massive. But to be honest I could never got my 2700 to boost for some reason.

olV6xAQ.png

4fkP1zxr.jpg

I have an SF450 too!:) Also I want a Ghost S1 too!!

The Ryzen 7 2700 had a very poor boost profile:
https://img.purch.com/image009-png/...FLzIvNzcwMzMwL29yaWdpbmFsL2ltYWdlMDA5LnBuZw==

Associate

olV6xAQ.png

When I run R20, all cores drop to a tad over 4gz. The numbers I get are almost exactly the same as yours.

Caporegime
Keeping rig in sig, which is on Win 7 Pro, as a back-up.

Going for :-

3700X
Gigabyte x570 Aorus Pro Mobo (if i can't get the Taichi)
NZXT Kraken X62 280mm AIO
16Gb 3200CL16 Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB
RTX 2080 Super (if i can get one)
2x 1Tb Sammy 860 SSDs
Logi G Pro Wireless Gaming Mouse
Logi G710+ Keyboard (which i'll be taking from this rig)
Thermaltake Level 20 GT RGB Plus Case
Win 10 Pro :eek: :p

If i can't get a 2080 Super (as supposedly going to be as rare as rocky horse ****), then i'll just get an MSi Gaming X-Trio 2080Ti, so waiting till the 23rd when they are released, to find out. :p

Associate
Well my 3700x will be arriving this coming monday.

To be frank, i hope i won't experience any problems i'm afraid the ram might not work or get blue screen of death but my motherboard the X470 AORUS GAMING 7 WIFI rev 1.0 supports all of the ryzen 3000 series processor and have updated to the f40 bios.

Dan.

Associate
Managed to get my 3700x to 4.3ghz all cores @ 1.38v so far, just gaming though, not stressed it yet, but a little confused over how to get the memory playing ball via ryzen master if anyone has some tips.

wait what! Can you share your setting for the CPU ryzen master settings because what you have running would be very impressive and many would like to follow in your footsteps.

Post a screeniw of RMaster as I want those settings :D

Soldato
I've managed to get XMP stable by setting VDDP and CLDO_VDDG to 0.95 V and RAM to 1.375 V. Any kind of CPU undervolt or memory timing tightening cause instability in MemTestPro and/or OCCT.

I think I'll take stock CPU + XMP (3000 MT/s with loose timings) as a victory for now and wait for a new BIOS before playing again.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
I've managed to get XMP stable by setting VDDP and CLDO_VDDG to 0.95 V and RAM to 1.375 V. Any kind of CPU undervolt or memory timing tightening cause instability in MemTestPro and/or OCCT.

I think I'll take stock CPU + XMP (3000 MT/s with loose timings) as a victory for now and wait for a new BIOS before playing again.

Pretty much exactly the point I'm at!

Although I've managed to get my ram to 2933Mhz @ 14-14-14-28 @ 1.35v

Now I've just got to wait for the updated BIOS, but as the Taichi X370 only has a 16mb BIOS chip, I can't see it coming too soon :(

Caporegime
Keeping rig in sig, which is on Win 7 Pro, as a back-up.

Going for :-

3700X
Gigabyte x570 Aorus Pro Mobo (if i can't get the Taichi)
NZXT Kraken X62 280mm AIO
16Gb 3200CL16 Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB
RTX 2080 Super (if i can get one)
2x 1Tb Sammy 860 SSDs
Logi G Pro Wireless Gaming Mouse
Logi G710+ Keyboard (which i'll be taking from this rig)
Thermaltake Level 20 GT RGB Plus Case
Win 10 Pro :eek: :p

If i can't get a 2080 Super (as supposedly going to be as rare as rocky horse ****), then i'll just get an MSi Gaming X-Trio 2080Ti, so waiting till the 23rd when they are released, to find out. :p
Username checks out :p

Associate
Here's the ss of my Ryzen Master settings, all tweaking done via that and not through the bios 1st, so memory voltage will be on auto right now (shall be looking at that tomorrow).

Just finished 3hrs of streaming on Twitch using OBS (tho on Nvenc not x264, will try that tomorrow too) and not a peep out of it so for once i might have got a good 'un in the silicon lottery!

V0Yu9p7.png

Soldato
Ok having my new X570/3900X system sat on the test bench next to my main tower is really starting to bug me. Come on Gigabyte, release the bios update required to get Destiny 2 working already!

Once that happens I can rebuild my main system and start using it properly.

Back
Top Bottom