Iphone 6S Home button

Associate
Any body know if apple can pair a new home button to an iphone 6S, I am hearing conflicting stories.
My understanding of this is the Iphone 6S is paired to the cpu and therefore cannot be re-paired with another. I have seen a video that shows soldering a new flex cable to the old button, but although I'll have a go at most things small I feel I would need a 'proper' scope to even attemp that kind of repair.

Associate
OP
Yeah I'm just looking at options for the Lad, it's had a new screen,battery,and headphone jack OEM parts so I am at the end of my teather with it now.
Not even sure apple will look at it since parts have been changed even though they are OEM parts or so stated.
Thanks again for info @mrbell1984 Top Man!

Permabanned
Yeah I'm just looking at options for the Lad, it's had a new screen,battery,and headphone jack OEM parts so I am at the end of my teather with it now.
Not even sure apple will look at it since parts have been changed even though they are OEM parts or so stated.
Thanks again for info @mrbell1984 Top Man!

When it gets to that stage you can only repair something so much. If it's a PAYG it might be worth now doing a search for a new phone. We used to just write them off once they got throw away cost vs repair cost e.t.c.

Associate
OP
I tried a new button but it was of pretty bad quality.... reseated twice using new gaskets, but still no go. Seemed very stiff so I gave up and put the old button back in. Shame tbh because all parts we ordered so far were spot on.

Soldato
If the new button didn't fit it could be the hole in the screen isn't big enough, have had this in the past.

Beware though Apple told me they wouldn't touch a Phone that had been repaired by a 3rd party even if I paid

Associate
OP
That is a VERY bad home button! That's been opened and chewed by the looks of things.

Yeah I need to talk to the supplier and ask what has gone wrong, It was sealed in one of those anti-static packs but looking close it seems that they do break stuff down and recycle old parts on the site. But that button isn't even OEM, If you look at the cable it's a button only setup. IE a proper OEM button will have the cable tucking underneath the button housing like this.... at a guess to feed the fingerprint sensor ??

a87V1C7.png

Associate
OP
Infact if you hold it up to the light you can see daylight (perfect for water ingress) through the side of the inner black disk, I didn't even give it a second look till after I pulled it back out of the phone, then you can imagine my thoughts when I looked through the scope thinking isn't this brand new!

Associate
OP
The only assumption I have is this is a very bad mod of an old button.
And as for OEM, anything I have ever bought OEM for a vehicle or other item, OEM stands for a like for like part and always has in my mind.

Commissario
If the parts didn’t come from Apple, they won’t be genuine Apple parts. It’s as simple as that. Third parties can claim that they’re using genuine parts but they’re telling porkies because only Apple have genuine Apple parts.

Back
Top Bottom