Advice on finding a landscaper?

Stafford.

A friend of mine is building a 4 x 3 Keter shed for me on the 8th August. That's the deadline date because he's from Glasgow so I don't see him all that often. The only other person who could do it for me recently lost his dad so I can't really drag him into this.

I'm after a landscaper to lay down the shed foundation, either in concrete or as slabs. I've been looking for someone since late June (so allowing 6 weeks). I've tried the following:

1. posted on my work's intranet noticeboard. Someone recommended a local builder who does patios. I phoned, was told to gave my details by text which I did but no response back. I chased and still never heard back.
2. tried a local company called the Eden Company. They said they're fully booked until October. Like really?
3. tried another local called J and J Property Maintenance. Sounded quite professional over the phone, again told to text them the details on the job. Again, not a sniff after that.
4. tried 2 more independents, same happened.
5. tried Rated People, got no responses.
6. tried My Builder, got no responses.
7. now I'm posting on a computer forum :p

What must I do to I get someone to install a bloody 4 x 3 shed base?!

Just compare to this as a comparison: I managed to book in 3 plumbers from a local firm to replace my hot water cylinder (as an emergency), install a new pump off it, run pipes over my attic leading into my bathroom to a new power shower which they also installed, then they also installed 2 new radiators and took the old ones away. Surely this is a much bigger job than a shed foundation and it was booked and carried out no probs.

Caporegime
If you really don’t want to do it yourself then see if you can find a local “handyman” on gumtree or something. It’s not a skilled job by any means.

Scrape soil back to right depth, dump hardcore/gravel down and tamp, lay slabs on top.

Hardest bit will be if you have to dispose of any soil lifted, although it could be added to other parts of the garden if it’s topsoil.

Soldato
OP
Thanks guys.

I'm sensory impaired, so not up for it myself. I've cancelled the jobs and I wasn't able to find anyone else. So in the end, I'm going to go for something that is geared towards driveways https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00TOYSO4C which can can be filled with gravel.

I'm disappointed to say the least about landscapers in general, because plumbers happily installed 2 radiators for £420, and done boiler service for £40 or £60, a gardener would happily work on my garden for £15/hour in 2-hour blocks, a carpenter would happily replace 2 doors for £120, a roofer would happily replace ridge tiles for £140 and some tree surgeons would happily cut my tall trees back for £450. These are all real life jobs that have happened to my house and these jobs were all easy to locate, to book and to go ahead with the appropriate tradesmen and tradeladies.

Back
Top Bottom