Noblechair Back Pain / Stiff Seat

Associate
Hey all.

I've had my Noblechair HERO Big for nearly a week now and it's gotten plenty of use. I think the chair is great - but having a couple of issues with it.

After sitting for approx 2 hours, the rear end starts to get very sore and uncomfortable. I've read that the seat may ease up a bit over time but is this really the case?

Also, i've started to get some back pain. This might be because my posture has improved with the chair - but is there something i can do (angle of seat/change lumbar setting) that might help? Or is it a case of waiting it out?

As I said I really like the chair but i'm concerned about these 2 things especially since the chair wasn't exactly cheap.

Associate
thats creepy i googled this just now and this thread popped up from yesterday. Ive had mine a few months chair has given me lower back pain and can't sit in it for very long

OcUK Staff
With noblechairs you'll find that the cushioning is firmer than most gaming chairs, mainly due to using cold cut foam. This basically means that it has more body support, holds your posture and doesn't let you sink into the chair, soft padding can actually cause back pain due to the muscles weakening. Changing positioning can often help, however sitting properly by putting your back against the back rest, stick your butt right into the crease of the chair, and it's fine to lean the chair back slightly as it's way healthier than sitting straight because you take away the pressure from the intervertebral discs.

So in short, yes the foam does soften over time, but it is hard wearing for the above reason and also helps for the chair to last too. I'd probably recommend checking online how you should sit properly in a chair, I know this sounds quite patronising, but I mean it in a kind way as there are some good pointers usually on how to avoid bad back/body issues in the future. - If you're not used to sitting properly, it will feel weird and maybe unconformable but you'll soon get used to it. :)

Back
Top Bottom