US regulators approve $5bn Facebook 'slap on the wrist'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
It's about time the US got in on the action, the EU are probably 20% funded by Silicon Valley fines.

Like others are saying everytime a US citizen gets censored which is a direct attack on their first amendment rights the US government should fine them £5b. They'll soon stop trying to be masters of the universe. At this point the US government is able to circumvent protections stopping it from abusing its citizens by simply getting private corporations to do it which doesn't bode well for the future. "We don't like your exercise of free speech, hey you're fired from your job at Starbucks enjoy the street. Well, you signed an employment contract which has subjective/vague hate crime clauses" who cares about the Bill of Rights etc.

Caporegime
I agree, It has opened up a can of worms on the internet.

The fact remains, whilst silicon valley holds a left-wing bias and censors speech that isn't even considered by political and acedemic definitions as anything but moderately right, i.e. transgender debates, abortion debates, gender politics etc.. It cannot be allowed to remain unregulated, else it has far too much control over what people can or cannot think, in reality it has an adverse effect and ratifies the opposing viewpoint and pushes some people further right than they otherwise would have been in defiance of their speech being hindered. I believe this is what led to such support for the likes of Trump and Brexit.

Regulation hmm, not very right wing. Go to Gab if it annoys you so much, Facebook doesn't have a monopoly on friendship **** sakes, such straw clutching is unbecoming.

Soldato
Regulation hmm, not very right wing. Go to Gab if it annoys you so much, Facebook doesn't have a monopoly on friendship **** sakes, such straw clutching is unbecoming.

You are the antithesis of an unbiased viewpoint on this forum, you necro and put your oar in on anything you deem to be slightly right wing. I would be supprised if you didn't have pink hair, 17 piercings and go by they/them pronouns.

I am not right wing, stop suggesting that anyone who doesn't agree with far-left ideologies is right wing... Again and again strider you are showing a distinct lack of impartiality and rational thinking when approaching topics, and your posts wreak of capricious derision.

As a centrist i see nothing wrong with wanting regulation on super corporations that have more influence on society than any other institution on the planet... They need to be kept in check.

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
. . . The fact remains, whilst silicon valley holds a left-wing bias . . .
"Silicon Valley holds a left-wing bias" - Really? The valley itself, the companies based in Silicon Valley or the super-rich owners and decision-makers at those companies?
. . . The fact remains, silicon valley . . . censors speech . . .
Now you are getting silly, really silly.

Are you seriously suggesting that people in Silicon Valley should be "indoctrinated" to be right-wing and to allow any views, no matter how outrageous to be aired on their platforms . . . all in the interests of not pushing some people further to the right?

Are you seriously suggesting that the majority of people and companies in Silicon Valley (who you claim are all left-wing) are responsible for the rise of Agent Orange and lemming like, xenophobia driven lunacy that is Brexit?

Meanwhile, left-wing Facebook "allowed" Cambridge Analytica to go about their business of harvesting user data on millions of people without any interference.

Soldato
"Silicon Valley holds a left-wing bias" - Really? The valley itself, the companies based in Silicon Valley or the super-rich owners and decision-makers at those companies?
Now you are getting silly, really silly.

Are you seriously suggesting that people in Silicon Valley should be "indoctrinated" to be right-wing and to allow any views, no matter how outrageous to be aired on their platforms . . . all in the interests of not pushing some people further to the right?

Are you seriously suggesting that the majority of people and companies in Silicon Valley (who you claim are all left-wing) are responsible for the rise of Agent Orange and lemming like, xenophobia driven lunacy that is Brexit?

Meanwhile, left-wing Facebook "allowed" Cambridge Analytica to go about their business of harvesting user data on millions of people without any interference.

This is a demonstration on how to misinterpret somones entire point.

It is clear that i was talking about companies within silicon valley, Facebook, Twitter, Apple, Google.

Mark Zuckerberg himself describes the tech industry as “a very left-leaning place.”.

It doesn't take a lot of research to find multiple points of confirmation that also support the idea that the industry is a left-leaning one.

I am also not suggesting that companies should be pushed right, i am suggesting that the likes of Twitter, Facebook and Google censor and remove people on their platforms for daring to speak about slightly right wing topics as it doesn't meet their "community guidelines", yet happily permits far-left speech.

Their community guidelines are tainted by the left-leaning mentality of the tech industry, this meaning that the platforms are not impartial, and create an echo chamber for left leaning voices whilst removing right leaning opposition.

Like i said before, i am a centrist.. I do not have many right leaning viewpoints, but a few of the ones i do have regarding things such as transgender treatment options are not deemed acceptable on their platforms, the debate is essentially closed.

Caporegime
I agree, It has opened up a can of worms on the internet.

The fact remains, whilst silicon valley holds a left-wing bias and censors speech that isn't even considered by political and acedemic definitions as anything but moderately right, i.e. transgender debates, abortion debates, gender politics etc.. It cannot be allowed to remain unregulated, else it has far too much control over what people can or cannot think, in reality it has an adverse effect and ratifies the opposing viewpoint and pushes some people further right than they otherwise would have been in defiance of their speech being hindered. I believe this is what led to such support for the likes of Trump and Brexit.

I created this meme last night, and posted it to my timeline. Facebook flagged it as spam, removed it, and wants me to delete it. I'm not allowed to make it public.

Capture.png

I've also been banned from Twitter. Can I now claim to be a persecuted conservative?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom