• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Zen 2 Owners Thread!

Associate
I've done more testing on my USB speed issues.

There are a subset of usb mass storage devices that write files at 300-500 kb/s, these work at full usb 3 speeds on my other PC. Some are external powered and others are passive from the socket.
Every disk that is affected is consistently slow to write files on all usb3 sockets on this motherboard including front panel, reading files from them is is fine. I have both powered and passive usb mass storage devices athat aren't affected on any port.

I have a usb3 (type c) usb soundcard (m audio 2x2m) that stutters and pops as well on both usb2 and usb3 ports, also fine on my other intel PC.

There's something demonstrably wrong with usb support at a driver level.

Motherboard is an Aorus Pro x570, CPU is a 3900x.

Associate
Ok having my new X570/3900X system sat on the test bench next to my main tower is really starting to bug me. Come on Gigabyte, release the bios update required to get Destiny 2 working already!

Once that happens I can rebuild my main system and start using it properly.

At least you have your 3900X, I’m still waiting :(. My build is sitting there tempting me, “you know you want to...”, but I’ve no CPU or put in it :eek:

Associate
so. Under PBO I get 4700 in CB R20. Volt is close to 1.5, machine maxed out. Setting volt to 1.39 and all the cores to 4.15 I get a nice score of 4860, temps are nice, no where close to maxing power.

So PBO seems absolutely borked

Associate
Without PBO how do these processors perform? how is gaming performance without PBO?

My PBO is borked currently. It wants 1.5 volts for 4.3 GHZ, and keeps around 1.45 on idle sometimes.
So PBO is a waste of space....

I think there is a problem with it on my board (and others). It's setting volts to 1.5 and only clocking the chips to 4.3 in my case.
I'm sat here now with the volt at 1.38 and all cores at 4.25ghz, ran prime for twenty mins no problem (temp got to 90 but the fan increased speed to keep it there).

My current R20 score is 5011, compared to 4700 with PBO on. Make of it what you will.

Associate
I have to hold my hands up and admit I didn't realise PBO was on in my bios when I was whinging and bitching about the constant 1.41v and high temps even when doing literally nothing.

Disabled it and it's made not much difference at all in performance but my CPU is now operating at normal voltages and clock speeds on my B450M Mortar.

As above, seems like a glitch/bug, but thankfully it's not really any sacrifice to give up PBO anyway.

TrM

TrM

Associate
so is anyone actually getting anywhere near 4.5/4.6ghz on their chips?

most ive gotten is 4.4ghz on my 3900x but 1.475v was to much for me but i have gotten 3.3ghz at 1.25v which tbh im very happy with i will try again in new bios updates when msi push them out

Associate
most ive gotten is 4.4ghz on my 3900x but 1.475v was to much for me but i have gotten 3.3ghz at 1.25v which tbh im very happy with i will try again in new bios updates when msi push them out

Did any of the reviewers even get that high? Let me be specific - during game testing or benchmarking.

TrM

TrM

Associate
Did any of the reviewers even get that high? Let me be specific - during game testing or benchmarking.

Sorry the testing by me was in games I never tried it in benchmarks tbh with so much v going though it I doubt I would have cooled it I have only benched at 4.3ghz I will try again tonight at 4.4 though when I finish work

Back
Top Bottom