Can family members sign passport

Soldato
Doctors aren't allowed to sign now as they don't always see you.

Postmaster can, bank manager can I think anyone whose a professional. Im sure my dad used to do them when he was a driving instructor years back

Soldato
The enginner one is always going to be a thorny one.... reading the list, I expect that they intended to mean a Ceng or similar (it appears to hark back to the old British class system, white collar vs blue collar etc), but they do not say as such, they just say with professional qualifications, now while some might draw a distinction between professional and vocational qualifications, professional generally just implies relating to ones work.

I think what they are trying to acheieve is folk who are registered with some kinds of standards body for their work, now I work in the electrical industry and someone suggested that the NICEIC doesn't count, but that the IET would.

As the term engineer is not protected, at what point do you draw the line between and electrician and an electrical engineer?, I for instance get involved both in electrical design work and also in carrying out inspection reports on electrical installations does that make me an electrician, or electricial engineer? or does it vary depending on what Im doing on a particualr day:D

Back
Top Bottom