**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Associate
I'm trying to make up mind between the Mi 9 SE and K20.

I like the compactness and styling, minus the notch, of the Mi 9 SE. While the K20 has the better processor and notch free but larger form factor. There's only a £20 difference for the two models. Difficult decision.

Last edited:

DHR

DHR

Soldato
Anyone currently running a mi9se?

My wife made the jump from iOS to Android and loves the mi9se handset ... When it works! Simply put it keeps crashing, Google internal apps keep crashing, there was a strange screen lock, on, off, on, off loop which we've seen the once too.

Done all of the usual, minimal apps, power optimisations disabled, factory reset etc. but after two weeks end up back at the same point, starting to think it could just be a faulty unit.

Had anyone else experienced this or have we been unlucky?

I've been using an A2 for 12+ months and it's great, zero complaints.

Soldato
Currently in China and was going to buy a Samsung S10+ 512GB when I get home... that said, is there something I could buy whilst Im here at a sensible price instead of the Samsung, Similar spec to Samsung or as close as possible?

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm looking for a new phone (coming from Lenovo P2) and after a little research and having a look at the last few pages, the Redmi Note 7 seems to be the one for my budget with my only real requirements being a half decent camera and battery.

£209.99 for the 128gb version on Amazon.

Is there any reason not to get one?

Do I just go for it?

Associate
I'm looking for a new phone (coming from Lenovo P2) and after a little research and having a look at the last few pages, the Redmi Note 7 seems to be the one for my budget with my only real requirements being a half decent camera and battery.

£209.99 for the 128gb version on Amazon.

Is there any reason not to get one?

Do I just go for it?

It’s going to be cheaper on prime day download the mi app and Monday it’s gonna be £168 mate

Soldato
So after some advice, my Sony xz premium has couple screen defects due to this consdiering replacing it.

However I don't wish to go into a contract, due to this considering a Chinese phone! I'm lost as to what's good, dodgy etc and what I should be wary of.

Ive seen a mi 8 lite on offer which looks nice, do these phones get updates the same and use Google store the same etc?

Just seen this too, which I've heard a lot about, are redmi the best Chinese company to go for?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07Q7SZMJK

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom