FoxHole - RTS - Possibly the best RTS I played

Caporegime
I've picked this back up in the steam sale and having a blast with it, they've made some nice changes, and there's plenty of full maps to choose to join in the persistent war. Takes a couple of hours to get to grips with so if you do pick it up, try not to be disheartened right away.

Soldato
Just picked this up pretty cheap on a steam sale. Always liked to look of it and it appears to have had a big update a few days ago. Anyone here still playing it?

Looks like it could be a lot of fun but only if you get a fair few of you working together.

Associate
Interested in this but the logistical side of it looks like a grind, lots of manually running around and not much fun.

Soldato
So got 77 hours in the game with 3 wars under my belt, it's honestly a very good game, I switched to a semi logi work, but more towards a combat builder role, where I farm bmats to protect our logi towns and farming fields with walls and defences, it's long work, but rewarding.

It can be a grind, but it's not a grind in a old style MMO slash game, when I first started to swing my hammer, I was expecting a really slow reward, but the game really gives you a lot, after a few minutes, you filled your truck and you ready to return to refine it which in turn gives you tons of stuff to build from or turn into weapons or vehicles.

This is the town I was working out with some others, the row of green pentagons around the town was ringed with a wall that would make Trump jealous that I made, took two nights, one for the walls and the second for the AI foxholes, but it was worth it! Saved the town from some partisans that was sneaking around trying to cause trouble!

jYeVFxV.jpg

I pass the time by watching something on Youtube, Music, Movie or TV while am doing something boring.

Soldato
Interested in this but the logistical side of it looks like a grind, lots of manually running around and not much fun.

Yeah, don't have to do any logi work at all, you can just join one of the fronts and join the fight, there is always guns and ammo about, but remember to appreciate your logi! Since they slaving away at the back providing everything!

It's easy to join others, find a group of people and just follow them, normally someone knows what they doing or has a plan.

Back
Top Bottom