• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
Disable Windows fast start up
Is found on Power Options > Settings > Changes that are currently unavailable > Disable Fast Start Up.

That option screwed my overclocks for GTX1080 and 1080Ti. So i have it off years now.
Tried that, didn't help.

EDIT: Turns out it was a setting in Afterburner called "Erase autosaved startup settings". Turned that off, now it seems to remember after a reboot. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Yep, at this stage I've tried different PSUs and different GPU's, just to make sure it's 100% the 5700XT. Only get the crashes when it's installed.

Interestingly, when I have my 550W Corsair gold installed, I get stuttering and hitching in Apex, when I have my 650W cougar gold installed, it doesn't stutter or hitch but black screens after about 15 minutes.

You do know 5700XT has 650W PSU requirement yes?

Associate
You do know 5700XT has 650W PSU requirement yes?

Yeah, in the same way that a GTX1050 has a 400w requirement! I don't think a gold 650W PSU is the issue here. The full system under load draws about 300w.

Might be an issue for some £28 Kolink 500w PSU but not a Corsair RM550 or Seasonic 650W, both gold psus.

Notwithstanding that my 1080Ti worked flawlessly on the 550w.

Soldato
I have a funny issue with my RX480 and PUBG. The last pre 2019 Adrenaline driver appears to give me better performance than any more recent driver. However, I get missing parts of the terrain on Miramar that only appear when I run over them.

Can anyone recommend a good driver for my older card?

Soldato
I have a funny issue with my RX480 and PUBG. The last pre 2019 Adrenaline driver appears to give me better performance than any more recent driver. However, I get missing parts of the terrain on Miramar that only appear when I run over them.

19.7.1 are solid, otherwise 19.5.2. Also you should consider, that the card run faster with the buggy drivers, because it doesn't render the pixels :D

Soldato

Tried 19.5.1/19.5.2?

Soldato
DX11 needs to be let die, 6 years After DX12 (and Mantle -> Vulcan) came out. Holding back everything like DX9 did because Nvidia couldn't compete on newer API.

There are plenty of games that perform worse under DX12 than they do under DX11, Would be great if Vulkan was the only API moving forward IMO, What I do find odd though is that AMD's RIS supports DX9 yet doesn't support DX11, Very odd decision on AMD's part considering the titanic plethora of DX11 games.

Soldato
Ahh, like their famous dropping of image quality to boost performance 'bug' :D

Need to find Poneros initial post of that, because under it someone posted the AMD response. And also if you read the article you will see is issue with the driver and indeed affects the 5700XT compared to the pre-release driver

Update found it
https://old.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/cci4n9/amds_latest_drivers_drop_performance_by_10_or/

Heh you and handful of others seems grasping at straws the last few days :D
Also you will find on the same thread, Vega cards do not have that issue, nor I have observed that on my Vega 64 :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.7.2 Highlights
Support For

• GEARS 5™ BETA
Fixed Issues
  • Radeon ReLive streaming and uploading of videos and other content to Facebook™ is currently unavailable.
  • Textures in Star Wars® Battlefront II may appear pixelated or blurry when using DirectX®11 API.
  • With Radeon Image Sharpening enabled, Radeon Overlay may flicker in DirectX®9 applications or games.
  • Valve Index headset may experience flicker for approximately 30 seconds when launching SteamVR on AMD Radeon RX 5700 Series Graphics.
  • Auto Tuning controls in Radeon WattMan may fail to apply to per game profiles when global Radeon WattMan changes are made.
  • Some enemies may experience yellow texture/color corruption in DOOM™.
  • Auto Tuning features in Radeon WattMan may show max values instead of increased values when the Auto Tuning results screen is shown.
  • Radeon WattMan memory clock gauge may fail to update when memory clock changes have been made.
  • AMD Display Drivers may fail to uninstall when using express uninstall on Hybrid Graphics system configurations.
Known Issues
  • AMD Log Utility Driver may intermittently fail to install on Windows®7 system configurations.
  • Radeon Overlay may intermittently fail to appear when toggled in game.
  • Audio for clips captured by Radeon ReLive may be corrupted or garbled when desktop recording is enabled.
  • Minor stuttering may occur when playing Fortnite™ during the first few minutes of gameplay on AMD Radeon RX 5700 Series Graphics.
  • Radeon RX 5700 Series Graphics may experience a black screen during uninstall on Windows®7 system configurations. A work around is to perform uninstall in safe mode.
  • Recording clips with Radeon ReLive may result in blank clips on Radeon RX 5700 Series Graphics with Windows®7 system configurations.
  • League of Legends™ may fail to launch on Radeon RX 5700 Series Graphics with Windows®7 system configurations.
Important Notes
  • AMD Ryzen™ Mobile Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics FAQ for Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition can be found here.
Package Contents
The Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.7.2 installation package contains the following:

• Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.7.2 Driver Version 19.30.01.16 (Windows Driver Store Version 26.20.13001.16003)

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-7-2

Back
Top Bottom