• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

amazing what replacing old gpu paste can do!

Associate
so my 980ti has been rather toasty lately sitting at 82-88c and thats at 80-95% fan speed, so watched some vids on how to take a card apart and set out on doing it, I knew something would go wrong which it did and that was... for the life of me I couldn't unplug the fan headers on the card, anyway not wanting to give up I propped the half of the gpu without the headers up with a stick and then went to working removing the paste from gpu and the cooler, I was pretty heavy handed and the stick also fell and the cooler smashed straight onto the gpu, had a nasty feeling it wouldn't even work however plugged back in and the old girl started and I was amazed at the results, also I used thermal grizzly kryonaut paste, highly recommend as its been amazing on my cpu too which used to get toasty (6700k)

before
-idle 44c
-hourish of gaming avg 85c

after
https://i.imgur.com/7re9vtj.jpg

and that was around 3ish hour of gaming, after I put all the screws back in I blasted it with a pc hoover thing I got from overclockers just to get rid of any dust and this prob helped a bit too, overall mega impressed, -11c idle and -26c loaded, might even try overclock gpu now although need to watch some vids as I am a noob, wall of text over, hope you enjoyed just thought it would be cool to share my results :D

Back
Top Bottom