Poll: British Grand Prix 2019, Silverstone - Race 10/21

Rate the 2019 British Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Caporegime
Not at all.

They put him on medium and safety car comes out so could have switched him to hard like other teams did but chose not to.

next they wait until what 6 laps left to bring in again should have come in lot sooner pointless may as well just come in last lap with that type of strategy.

clearly wanted Lewis to win this which you can see since Rosberg left they favor Lewis.

Not at all he was handed the race

You realise that bottas was something like 17 seconds behind Hamilton, if they both pit under safety car he's behind Hamilton, on the same tire but he's been slower the entire first stint, slower on the not at all old mediums vs Ham on hards, slower on brand new softs at the end than Ham on 32 lap old mediums. Bottas has terrible race pace in terms of tire wear, he can hold pace when Ham is cruising or for 3/4 of a stint then his tires go off, look at basically any race for evidence of that. Ham stretched his mediums to a one stop, Bottas had to pit earlier and was on a two stop and as such already lost when he had to pit earlier because Ham was pushing him but keeping his tires in.

Without the safety car Ham still wins, if they pit Bottas under safety car, Ham still wins, he was clearly, plainly slower with Ham all over him the whole first stint but drs wasn't working that well in terms of passing before the corners and he wasn't risking crashing both of them out.

Bottas would have won if his race pace was better, his race pace is worse than Hams in 98% of races and often significantly, that's the only reason he lost. Bringing him in earlier towards the end for softs would have pit him firstly behind Vettel, then still behind Leclerc. They pushed late and got a safe gap + room for a 2-3 second mistake, pitted him and he made basically no inroad on Hamilton's times at all.

Soldato
Best race of the season so far for me. Glad leclerc managed a podium. Tactically it seemed like he got screwed over again but it came good due to Vettels mistake.

Shame about the safety car for Bottas. I was looking forward to some more wheel to wheel between him and hamilton.

Feels like Hamilton had luck on his side a bit.

Also happy that Max managed to continue as he had been driving a great race. Not where he wanted to be but better than a DNF.

Not sure whats happened to Haas. Fell off a cliff in terms of performance.

What a stonking last lap from Hamilton too!

Soldato
Sadly I don't know. Time reduction, points, something.

Time reduction isn't feasible, and it's potentially open to abuse. Most sensible route is the current system of time penalties to reverse positions for small transgressions and license points to remove the incentive for smashing someone off type naughty.

Caporegime
Shocking driving from Vettel. Cost Verstappen a potential 4th place. Should have been 3 place grid penalty for next race.

Lovely wheel to wheel stuff from LeClerc and Verstappen.

Cost Verstappen 4th? Unless I'm missing something, Verstappen just passed Vettel for 3rd.

Vettel, jesus, the blunders just keep coming. I think the only question with him is does he retire end of this season or end of 2020. Ferrari won't renew him, they can't. Leclerc is a better driver, he's already faster, he's made big mistakes in qualifying but that's normal like Max last year, but the fact he's faster to me is plain. Vettel for me cost the team a genuine chance to compete for the previous two titles as the car was good enough to be close towards the final races.

I think it makes it seem more like it's Vettel's choice if he retires this year rather than can't get a new contract next year. Merc have zero interest, Red Bull, if Verstappen leaves they don't have fantastic options right now so he might be better than nothing but it will be seen as a step down and they'd probably offer him 10-15mil. Honestly the longer he's in F1 without a dominant car the more damage he does to his legacy so I think he might hang up his gloves end of the year.

Associate
The 2nd worst TV director in over 20 years, beaten marginally by the French GP when they cut to the adverts on the last lap.
I think it was when Ralf Schumacher won it in 2003.
Decision making which is right up there with vettel's race craft. :D

Soldato
What gets me about Vettel, is he says he's still motivated, but his body language says he's disinterested and going through the motions. He gave up a few races ago when he decided he wasn't going to win the WDC this year. He did the same last year. He's just not hungry for the wins any more, and he should just admit it and retire.

Caporegime
Time reduction isn't feasible, and it's potentially open to abuse. Most sensible route is the current system of time penalties to reverse positions for small transgressions and license points to remove the incentive for smashing someone off type naughty.

But that still doesn't help the impacted party - this race is a prime example of that.

Back
Top Bottom