• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
I wonder how many lost sales Noctua have had through the years, down to their stubbornness in having this poo coloured fan?

I have had windowed cases for years and immediately discount the Noctuas due the colour.

Don't want to be looking at that.

Speak for yourself :D

Their warranty, build quality and low audible operation levels have always made them a no brainer for me. Mind you my case sits under the desk without a side window, just how I like it.

8L2Ixvx.png

Soldato
The 3700X is rubbish because of CPU-Z? If only one person calls you something you can probably dismiss it, but when several people do it then it’s probably time to have a think about what you are saying.
Exactly! When somebody basis a whole disertation on just 1 benchmark then you know something is not quite right.

Soldato
If I don't use PBO my all core boost is 3.9GHz instead of 4.1 to 4.3 with it
I dont know what to tell you there.
But its worth keeping in mind that the AGESA code is still a little screwy right now, so that will be having an effect.
What problems are you guys having? Virtualisation is working for me. Vmware seems to have issues with Windows 10 1903, that i know about.
Virtualisation with Ryzen Master does not work. Not Virtualisation in general ;)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
In games it's the same. https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/amd_ryzen_7_3700x_ryzen_9_3900x_review,24.html

Nope, together with them.

1. AMD could have postponed the price gouging in this generation, and do it the next one.
2. Virtually everyone complains when there is memory prices fixing, when there is CPU and videocards prices fixing, the same people take it as normal. https://www.techpowerup.com/257092/...eements-could-compromise-global-memory-supply

Sure they could have waited. But obviously from a business stand point and profitability it made sense not to. I am not happy about it either. That is why I have voted with my wallet and not ordered anything. Had the Mobos been £150-200 and the 3900X under £400 I may have pulled the trigger. As it is I may or may not get a B450 mobo and a 3600 just to have something new to play with.

I feel the best time for me to go all out and upgrade will be in about 2 years time. Right now the IPC on zen 2 is good, but clockspeeds kind of suck for a 7nm CPU imo.

But you come over as butthurt due to AMD not doing what they are known for doing and pricing aggressively. Those days seem to be gone and if AMD are to survive that is what they have to do unfortunately.

Permabanned
Untitled.png

@8 Pack This 4133 kit of Yours is fantastic. No go with 3733cl14 imc on My 3900x cant make it no matter what ill try.... wont boot to windows spend 2 hours trying to move from 3666 to 3733 :p.

This is with 1.4 on ddr 1.15 soc and 1.05 on Fabric. Still will try to Tighten 3rd irpontance timings

Associate
Untitled.png

@8 Pack This 4133 kit of Yours is fantastic. No go with 3733cl14 imc on My 3900x cant make it no matter what ill try.... wont boot to windows spend 2 hours trying to move from 3666 to 3733 :p.

This is with 1.4 on ddr 1.15 soc and 1.05 on Fabric. Still will try to Tighten 3rd irpontance timings

95.1°C!!!! Holy crap that got toasty. Havent let mine go over 75°C, what is the safe limit for 3900x?

Caporegime
You can get the very solid Asus TUF Gaming X570 board (with Wi-fi version) for <£200, which is enough for the 3950X. What do you want out your board that it wouldn't match?

The Aorus Elite at £210 has a really solid VRM. One youd see of many high end Intel mobos and better than the sub £200 X570s. Seems a really solid buy. Especially as you can get £30 of Steam vouchers with it currently.

Soldato
My system is very noisy now, stock cooler sounds like it's going at 100% all the time, very annoying.

Think im going to spec myself a water-cooling solution.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
You can get the very solid Asus TUF Gaming X570 board (with Wi-fi version) for <£200, which is enough for the 3950X. What do you want out your board that it wouldn't match?
Not looked into it properly to be fair. Everyone is mentioning £300+ prices. So I did not even know there was X570 boards under £200. What makes some of those worth double the price I wonder?

I always look at cpus first and once I know I want it, then research the mobo.

Right now for me as I am not gaming and the upgrade would feel like a bit of a waste. Plus the lack of clock speed puts me off a little. Just does not seem like the right time for me to jump in.

Look at my 4770K. At 4.7ghz it has lasted ages (got it on release). I want the next expensive cpu I get to last 5+ years also without feeling the need that I want to upgrade. Just don't think that will be the case with a 3900X as next year or two they have much higher clocking cpu's imo.

As mentioned in previous posts I may grab a 3600 though. That seems to be a very good deal for today's requirements. Right now people seem to be having issues with them however judging by the threads here.

Back
Top Bottom