• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2080 Super live on website?

Soldato
Given how over engineered gigabytes motherboards are I'm willing to stump up the extra cash for the gpu. The website states it also has better power delivery than the stock card so...
Fair enough but most should be looking at the FE pricing as baseline and then deciding what to get based on that, whether spending another 20% is worth it them(in this case £669 vs £799.99 from one I saw earlier - zotac). I'd not go without a new GPU though just because the one they'd prefer is too much £
Traditionally the FE cards have overclocked as well as aftermarket I think, just more noisy in the days of the blower fan.

Soldato
Just the scary warranty? The memory issue? Anyways pic one shows 4 screws get the plastic shroud off and cable tie on Industrial 2000rpm Noctua like Linus did in his video.
I totally don't understand, sorry...
Do you honestly plan to keep it more than 2 years?
What are you taking about. Cable tied fans? Did I link you to something else or did you think those mushrooms you found in a cow field earlier were edible?

Permabanned
I totally don't understand, sorry...
Do you honestly plan to keep it more than 2 years?
What are you taking about. Cable tied fans? Did I link you to something else or did you think those mushrooms you found in a cow field earlier were edible?

Yes because my 1080 failed around the 2.6 month mark, And with Nvidia pushing prices up and it takes two years to get double perf but pay £800+ launch prices.

The smart buy is now the 3yr or 2.5yr period as it takes month for prices to settle and stock to arrive.

Associate
At these prices probably more people then you realise.

There's no point in holding out for the 7nm generation, you get more performance but you will pay more for it (3080 will probably be £1000 at that point). If you really need the extra fps just stump up the cash now and be dammed for enabling Nvidia's business practices.

damned if you do, damned if you don't :D

Soldato
I'm hanging on until the 3000 series. There is nothing in the 2000 series that is a big enough upgrade at a good price.

2080's are essentially 1080ti's. And the 2080ti is a 1k purchase. No chance.

The 2070 super isn't really much of a upgrade form a 1080 right?
I'm exactly the same. No interest in rewarding Nvidia with my money for this Turing launch. Will wait for next gen graphics, be they AMD, Nvidia or Intel.

Soldato
Fair enough but most should be looking at the FE pricing as baseline and then deciding what to get based on that, whether spending another 20% is worth it them(in this case £669 vs £799.99 from one I saw earlier - zotac). I'd not go without a new GPU though just because the one they'd prefer is too much £
Traditionally the FE cards have overclocked as well as aftermarket I think, just more noisy in the days of the blower fan.

The Zotac and Gigabyte Gaming OC cards have generally been the best cards to buy i don’t know why peeps would buy a KFA unless it was a hall of fame.

Soldato
Didn’t know KFA2 were to be avoided as I can get an 2080 Ti by KFA2 for £880 where I’m currently living once you do the conversation to GBP.
Don't always listen to people on here, I'm sure if your okay with 2 years warranty the card itself there's nothing wrong with it.
I was told don't buy a palit, buy a asus or evga.
Turns out my palit out performs both of those, with cooler temps.
Is the same in this forum as people saying only but a iphone/samsung phone

Soldato
Don't always listen to people on here, I'm sure if your okay with 2 years warranty the card itself there's nothing wrong with it.
I was told don't buy a palit, buy a asus or evga.
Turns out my palit out performs both of those, with cooler temps.
Is the same in this forum as people saying only but a iphone/samsung phone

I am with you on this one, even down to the phones of which over the decade used Google Nexus, MS Lumia 950XL and Google Pixel 3.
Shame on MS for stop making phones, as the 950XL had it not died, could still be using it and was a great to hook and use as netbook also. With keyboard, mouse and monitor.

Back
Top Bottom