**** The Official Google Pixel 4 Thread ****

Soldato
The timing is all wrong.
Google release their new phones and literally a few months later the next wave of phones are out with the latest processors.

This is something Google can and should change, whatever it takes to get their new phones out at the same time as the newest processors. Google has a terrible image problem when it comes to their devices. People hear 'iOS' and they think quality and they think iPhones. They hear 'Android' and they might think Samsung, or they might have an iPhone already and start thinking about that rubbish £100 Android phone their mam picked up from Tesco Mobile. Google need to fix this and the only way is to make a premium model that is actually premium. They've got the big selling points already - great cameras and pure Android (which people might learn to respect once the Pixel phones get more market penetration), but they keep screwing up time and again. They price their phones like a premium model but really they aren't premium. I mean, what's the name Pixel all about anyway? It sounds nerdy, rather than cool, like a load of programming geeks brainstormed it in five minutes during a morning breakout from the keyboards.

Associate
Agreed. For me to even consider this now, the camera is going to have to be in another league to anything else out there, as some rivals are quite close now, if not just about matching the current Pixel phones, and outdoing them on the features. I have to say so far for me, the OnePlus 7 Pro is looking as though it is a far superior phone overall at this stage, and there’s a fair to good chance we’ll have a newer version of that not long after the Pixel 4 anyway, very possibly with a newer SOC; alternatively just get the existing model for far less money. It’s becoming a tough sell. I’ve always WANTED to like the Pixel phones, but they just keep messing up. It’s looking more and more likely the 2XL will be my first and last Pixel phone (despite having had a long string of Nexus phones).

Soldato
I sold my 3XL for a Oneplus 7 Pro and let me tell you, the 7 Pro is in another league. It's bloomin' fantastic.
ok, so the camera is on the average side, but it's good enough and takes some decent photos....everything else is out of this world. It's fast, really fast and that screen is gorgeous.

Associate
I sold my 3XL for a Oneplus 7 Pro and let me tell you, the 7 Pro is in another league. It's bloomin' fantastic.
ok, so the camera is on the average side, but it's good enough and takes some decent photos....everything else is out of this world. It's fast, really fast and that screen is gorgeous.

I would be tempted but the number 1 priority for me with a phone is its camera. I like taking photos but not enough to bother owning a separate camera. However the pictures I did see from the updated camera in all honesty looked at very least nearly as good.

Soldato
Having owned all nexus and pixel devices it's sad to see others gain ground so easily. I am hoping the 4 drops some new stuff and the camera goes into a new level. But someone needs to get the sack if they drop another bezel heavy mid range spec phone.

For the sake of a couple of quid extra just stick 8gb of ram in regardless if it needs it. We know Google don't do it for the money so they really need to find the market. Either bump the design and specs and keep the price or do what they do and slash the price to nexus levels.

Man of Honour
I was waiting for it to upgrade my p2 but ended up picking up a one plus 7 pro, I don't feel like I'll be too gutted come the announcement and oxygenos is so close to stock I've hardly noticed the change.

Sho

Sho

Soldato
I'm still rocking a Samsung Galaxy S8 from release. And still doing my needs.
Waiting for Pixel 4 to be released. Timing will be almost perfect if it does get released in October
Il rather have a big bezel at the top then a single/double punch hole. I hate notches And no thank you to pop up Camera

Soldato
Face unlock would be nice as the fingerprint reader on the 3XL is no use to me....other than that, nothing really tempting me away. That's been the case for years with smartphones anyway, they're all pretty much the same these days.

Soldato
Great cameras, screen, performance and battery life. Not huge. There's not a phone out there that nails these basics.

Pixel 4 may be the first. Let's hope.

Soldato
I don't mind the top bezel either but I'd prefer if the sides and bottom were uniform. I think at the moment there is a chin, albeit a small one. A chin is still a chin though and while it's a low point for me I'm not put off from purchasing this phone - yet.

Soldato
Latest rumours suggesting we’ll see a 90hz screen which is very positive and interesting, but tempered by a feeble 6gb RAM and unimpressive battery size of 3700mAh for the larger 6.3” version.

And of course the vast upper notch splitting the screen almost in two.

Soldato
OP
Latest rumours suggesting we’ll see a 90hz screen which is very positive and interesting, but tempered by a feeble 6gb RAM and unimpressive battery size of 3700mAh for the larger 6.3” version.

And of course the vast upper notch splitting the screen almost in two.

If they had a special edition with 8GB of RAM and a larger battery I would be highly tempted.

Back
Top Bottom