The England Cricket Thread

Caporegime
As a cricket newbie, can someone explain why if one team is all out and one team, is not all out, why is that a draw?

Scores after 50 overs were equal, but one team still had players left, when the other had no one left.

That to me, means team with people left has done better.

Soldato
As a cricket newbie, can someone explain why if one team is all out and one team, is not all out, why is that a draw?

Scores after 50 overs were equal, but one team still had players left, when the other had no one left.

Those are the rules. It is arbitrary like any other rule.

If the rules were that wickets fallen count, then England wouldn't have carelessly thrown away 2 wickets at the end chasing the extra winning run.

Soldato

That's like asking if a football match is drawn, but one side had a man sent off, why didn't they lose.

Caporegime
That's like asking if a football match is drawn, but one side had a man sent off, why didn't they lose.

Perhaps they should then.

Maybe loosing a player should equal loosing a goal or two, perhaps that would stop some of the professional fouls.

Soldato
Perhaps they should then.

Maybe loosing a player should equal loosing a goal or two, perhaps that would stop some of the professional fouls.

Perhaps they could. But those aren't the rules.

Rules are arbitrary. It's silly to ask why it isn't another way. The person that created the rules, simply didn't do it that way.

You could equally say, why not use number of boundaries as a tiebreaker instead of using a super over.

In football, drawing lots is an acceptable tiebreaker in certain scenarios.

Back
Top Bottom