• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon VII Owners Thread

Associate
The fan curve should directly correlate to the temps and the way that you set it. Not sure what's up for you on that front.
Like I say, probably just me!

Out of interest, bar gaming, what do you use to stress your cards when playing with wattman? I've been using heaven maxed at 1440p but even then, you get dips when the scene changes etc

Soldato
Like I say, probably just me!

Out of interest, bar gaming, what do you use to stress your cards when playing with wattman? I've been using heaven maxed at 1440p but even then, you get dips when the scene changes etc
Running heaven at 1440p with everything maxed out, but don't tick the fullscreen button. Run it windowed
Drag the window half off the screen and then fiddle with wattman, you can then see real time fps and temps. You can even run the adrenalin metrics overlay on heaven also.
I always grabbed a notepad and pen and wrote the settings for each time I increased them so I knew when it was I crashed.
When you have something you are sure is good and also stable, run the firestrike stress test as @Chud_Jenny says (also using the adrenalin metric overlay) to find your sexy point

Associate
Running heaven at 1440p with everything maxed out, but don't tick the fullscreen button. Run it windowed
Drag the window half off the screen and then fiddle with wattman, you can then see real time fps and temps. You can even run the adrenalin metrics overlay on heaven also.
I always grabbed a notepad and pen and wrote the settings for each time I increased them so I knew when it was I crashed.
When you have something you are sure is good and also stable, run the firestrike stress test as @Chud_Jenny says (also using the adrenalin metric overlay) to find your sexy point

A good test to use is 3DMark "stress test." Fire Strike Ultra Stress Test is good for hitting the card hard.

Legends, thank you

Soldato
thanks, can you undervolt these? i'm all about lower power consumption and low temps
Yes you can undervolt them a lot, it's something you should do.
As to how much depends on how good the chip is, but they all undervolt to some extent
200w draw at stock with uv. Temps being low comes with it and also dependant on the fan speed you want to set

Associate
Need to pick your brains again please :)

Wattman isn't automatically applying my UV and custom fan curve when my PC boots. Is there a setting somewhere I need to change?

I thought it might have been due to afterburner applying stock settings on boot but I've uninstalled that and still resets to stock volts and auto fan every time.

Soldato
Need to pick your brains again please :)

Wattman isn't automatically applying my UV and custom fan curve when my PC boots. Is there a setting somewhere I need to change?

I thought it might have been due to afterburner applying stock settings on boot but I've uninstalled that and still resets to stock volts and auto fan every time.
Is that after the driver crashes? As it will revert to default. Otherwise you need to tell it to save the profile after applying it, then restart the pc. It should then be there when you check in gpuz or wattman the adjusted settings.
If not then maybe there is a setting in the preferences to apply on startup, or you need Windows 10 setting that boots with your settings from before the restart.

Failing all that, maybe this latest driver has this listed as something it needs to fix?

Associate
Is that after the driver crashes? As it will revert to default. Otherwise you need to tell it to save the profile after applying it, then restart the pc. It should then be there when you check in gpuz or wattman the adjusted settings.
If not then maybe there is a setting in the preferences to apply on startup, or you need Windows 10 setting that boots with your settings from before the restart.

Failing all that, maybe this latest driver has this listed as something it needs to fix?

No, this is just when I reboot my pc. I'll play around with it a bit and see but I can't find a setting that says to apply on startup anywhere in the AMD settings. Might have to resort to loading AB after I've applied the settings in wattman, then saving them as an AB profile to be applied at start up love it!

Absolutely loving this card though.

Soldato
Will AMD continue to provide fine wine for the Vii, has anyone ever been able to utilize the 16gb ram anywhere, bought this card exclusively for my "Mac" ;). Also love the tinkering with cards! Just hope its not a Fury v2 in terms of driver support.

Associate
A good test to use is 3DMark "stress test." Fire Strike Ultra Stress Test is good for hitting the card hard.
Thanks for the heads up on this stress test. Had to pay extra to unlock it (short arms and long pockets lol!) But seems to really put the card through its paces!

Passed at stock but with junction temps as high as 113c!

However, crashes when I try my UV of 987mv after about 3 mins. Crazy as I can game quite happily for hours with the UV but cant get passed firestrike extreme

Does anyone use afterburner rather than wattman? Nothing against wattman, just years of AB ingrained!

Associate
Thanks for the heads up on this stress test. Had to pay extra to unlock it (short arms and long pockets lol!) But seems to really put the card through its paces!

Passed at stock but with junction temps as high as 113c!

However, crashes when I try my UV of 987mv after about 3 mins. Crazy as I can game quite happily for hours with the UV but cant get passed firestrike extreme

Does anyone use afterburner rather than wattman? Nothing against wattman, just years of AB ingrained!
No probs.
I'd tweak the voltage up slightly. Somewhere between where you are now (987mv) and 1000mv sounds like it will get you back stable. I'd try 1000mv first and drop back off 5mv if that's stable.
I'm currently in the middle of a Water Block change. The Alphacool block is going as its got terrible design flaws. I'll do a big post on it as I have data with the alphacool block and my new EK block is due tomorrow.

Associate
Actually, just discovered that it wasn't the UV that was crashing the stress test, it was switching monitor inputs!! lol!

I was setting the test running, then switching over to do work on my laptop that was also plugged into the same monitor. Whenever I changed back to check it, the test crashed!! How odd!

Anyway, stable as you like at 987mv in Timespy extreme :)

Back
Top Bottom