Firefox has annoyed me.

Soldato
Does moving the furniture about improve things , i don't think so?

Yet more useless crud to switch off...

Recommend extensions as you browse
Recommend features as you browse

Man of Honour
Fortunately so far easy to remove/customise but yeah a lot of these features seem to be answers looking for questions almost like they are throwing any idea in to stand out from the competitors.

Man of Honour
Haven't seen either of these things happen, I can only assume they were off by default for me.

They only pop up on certain sites and fairly discrete but still kind of annoying - they aren't off by default on a normal installation.

Soldato
The recommended extensions/features definitely is annoying. Luckily you can easily turn them off. I'm not sure about the recommended extension especially, what if a bad extension somehow made it's way onto the list?

So far the premium service offers a built in VPN (likely with ProtonVPN) and cloud storage. I also saw on Reddit they're experimenting with it blocking ads and then using that subscription to directly pay the site owners, although no idea if that will be part of it. They really have been trying to make money independently somehow though, since they don't want to rely too much on Google's funding.

Soldato
OP
Another new annoyance.

Tracking protection has been enabled by default and the shield icon changes purple and shakes to let you know it's blocking , why do we need to know , just get on with it?

V F

V F

Soldato
Another new annoyance.

Tracking protection has been enabled by default and the shield icon changes purple and shakes to let you know it's blocking , why do we need to know , just get on with it?

You've not cottoned on yet? In a world where everyone is sharing on social media and everyone has to know...

Soldato
Another new annoyance.

It's probably just a reminder that it's doing things so that if you have issues with a broken website due to blocking, you're prompted what to switch off. It's about 5mm square on my monitor, so I don't begrudge it much.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Use to love Firefox custom aspect but I decided for fun to try Chrome for a few weeks and it was ridiculous how much smoother and faster and less memory demanding Chrome was with multiple windows open over firefox, never looked back and that was a year ago.

Back
Top Bottom