Gallardo shocked at how expensive they are.

Soldato
A friend of friends is selling a couple of car so I went and had look at the lambo. Everything went well, driven nice, reasonable millage and generally pretty well looked after. So I asked what he wanted for it and he said 66.5k for an 04 plate. I almost PMSL. 66.5k for an almost 16 year old 2 door Audi.

Go buy an Audi then.

The Gallardo is £60k for many reasons.

Soldato
Apart from the picture of the cow I can’t think why. Well, I get why someone would want one, just not at that kind of price.

Then go for what you think is value for money.

Go ahead and buy a depreciating R8 V10 for £45k+.

A 2004 Gallardo stopped depreciating years ago.

Soldato
Seriously.....

Mass produced???

What have you been smoking?

They made about 14,000 over 10 years, so 1,400 each year on average.

Ford produce over 90,000 Fiestas each year, THAT is mass producing a car.

Even then how many are right hand drive.

In the UK I'd say there are fewer than 700 Gallardos.

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=✓&q=gallardo

So ignoring the special edition cars that sold in close to single digits, we have the Gallardo and Gallardo Spyder.

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/lamborghini_gallardo
https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/lamborghini_gallardo_spyder_auto

It's obvious these cars are going into collections, not to be driven, hence zero depreciation or even appreciation.

Sgarrista
Commissario
Yeah, thought I’d get it for a monkey bruva. What is poverty spec mates rates BTW. I think you’re getting something confused.

You appear to be the confused one bra.

You went to look at a Lamborghini.

I suggest you go for the one with 4 circles on it instead.

Soldato
OP
You appear to be the confused one bra.

You went to look at a Lamborghini.

I suggest you go for the one with 4 circles on it instead.

So you think I wanted a Lamborghini, and should buy a poverty spec Audi because I’m skint and angry. Thanks for the tips.

Soldato
First up 66.5k is a lot money especially for a car that’s 16 years old and not particularly hard to find, but you can get similar cars for half that money. Maybe even less.
Lambos for 30 grand? Sign me up ill trade my car in right away and make the kids walk. 60k seems cheap to me, the spyder ones are more like 80k.

Soldato
Indeed, it just the Gallardo is a market anomaly, especially the oldest ones. Apparently they are slow...
back in the day they were fast these days not really but it's not the straight line speed that you get from a car like that..

there's noise, character, body lines, the badge alone makes certain people feel happy inside etc etc.. it's the whole package.

personally I would never buy one but I don't particularly like anything lambo/ferrari etc.

I'd rather a basic v8 r8 to be honest as it's a prettier car from my pov and can be had for 40k in good nick.

but I wouldn't buy either for performance as they're now "slow" as hot hatches.

Soldato
There's a voice that keeps on calling me.
As a comparison, Ferrari made 8800(ish) 360s between 2000 and 2004. A 2004 360 will cost you £65k+

Didn’t the earlier ones still have lambo engine and not the Audi one that the R8 had?

To be fair, the 360's have been on the upward curve now for a year or 2.

All mildly interesting cars have held their money well for the last few years, even old dross has been going up, look at the prices of old Fords. The bubble surely has to burst.

Caporegime
First up 66.5k is a lot money especially for a car that’s 16 years old and not particularly hard to find, but you can get similar cars for half that money. Maybe even less.
You don’t seem to grasp the market for these nor done any research as to what the values are.

Yes £65k is a lot of money but nothing out of the ordinary for one of those.

And your second point about getting similar cars for half or less, well sure of course you can get similar for a lot less, similar is not the same though is it?

Soldato
To be fair, the 360's have been on the upward curve now for a year or 2.

All mildly interesting cars have held their money well for the last few years, even old dross has been going up, look at the prices of old Fords. The bubble surely has to burst.

It wont, because in a few years time they will stop making cars like that and we'll be forced in to EVs or hybrids. Thats why prices are holding. Everyone wants to buy one while they still can.

Then at some point EV conversions will become mainstream and values of old cars will go through the roof. You'll be able to have a proper EV sports car without all the modern bloat.

Last edited:
Soldato
If you're shocked at that, look at some of the old Japanses tat that i like.

Honda NSX? Try over £50k nowadays for one that's not high mileage or auto, and that's only a Honda, i hear they make lawnmowers as well so you're pretty much paying 50k for a ride on mower!

Back
Top Bottom