• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
Right as promissed here ya go.
Settings that are on AUTO i tested manual up and down and could not get anything more from changing. Took me 6 hours of messing around and testing to get those 0.2ns down. And gained 10-11 Cb20 points.
This is for Teamgroup 4133 8 pack ram that is on promotion This week for 153 or so quid.

pass.png

backup photo link
https://bpcprdstorageacc.blob.core..../decff02c671894f630a8a5800bdabd7d06e04ffc.png
What's the point of 4133 if that will give you a 2:1 and higher latency? I though the optimum is 3600hz for 1:1

Associate
Last update from Gibbo was "180x 3800X overdue expect next week", so fingers crossed they arrive at the warehouse and get sent out soon!

Well i dunno man, that was with the information from AMD which said that they shipped them twice with two different orders which was not true as the other orders turned up without the 3800x. Seems like AMD are giving false information in order to bide their time. So i am not very confident of seeing the 3800x this week unless OCUK get a different shipment confirmation again.

Either AMD are behind on production and dont have the cpu's ready to ship, or they dont want to ship them as they are some how going to hurt the sales of the other cpu's

Soldato
So anybody here with 3700x getting the advertised 4.4Ghz boost on single core? Max I've seen I get is 4.275Ghz which gives me single core R15 score of 205 and R20 single core score of 504. (RAM at 3600Mhz cl16)

The temperatures and voltage on idle is also quite strange it is stable then spike up with a gradual decrease after. Even on load it follows the same profile somewhat stable with many difference instances of spikes that then go down back to average. Very odd behaviour. If the load is uniform why would it spike and then go down gradually, it just looks like software bug to me.

Did we actually get an official AMD response that yes, voltages at 1.5v every 5 seconds is normal and that idle temps of 40-70c is normal and that the processors wont reach their advertised single core boost? Or is it the case that all the motherboard's BIOSes are broken?

Soldato
So anybody here with 3700x getting the advertised 4.4Ghz boost on single core? Max I've seen I get is 4.275Ghz which gives me single core R15 score of 205 and R20 single core score of 504. (RAM at 3600Mhz cl16)

The temperatures and voltage on idle is also quite strange it is stable then spike up with a gradual decrease after. Even on load it follows the same profile somewhat stable with many difference instances of spikes that then go down back to average. Very odd behaviour. If the load is uniform why would it spike and then go down gradually, it just looks like software bug to me.

Did we actually get an official AMD response that yes, voltages at 1.5v every 5 seconds is normal and that idle temps of 40-70c is normal and that the processors wont reach their advertised single core boost? Or is it the case that all the motherboard's BIOSes are broken?
Yes, I've seen 4.4 GHz during Cinebench R20 but I think that was when undervolted a bit, which I've since discovered is unstable in OCCT. Not sure if it does it at stock.

Associate
Reading about the boost problems, temps and most importantly WHEA errors and corrupt system files, I'm glad I haven't pulled the trigger just yet. I'd like a smooth change over from my current system, which runs just fine for now.

Associate
Reading about the boost problems, temps and most importantly WHEA errors and corrupt system files, I'm glad I haven't pulled the trigger just yet. I'd like a smooth change over from my current system, which runs just fine for now.

The Whea errors if related to nvme happen to intel systems too. Could be a driver issue.

Associate

My 3700x is boosting to 4.4GHz fine. Running on a Asus X470 Prime Pro.

Back
Top Bottom