• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
Apparently 1003AB AGESA is the one that fixes 2 core boost clocks rather than 1003. I have MSI x570 board and the latest BIOS is based on 1003 released 2nd of July.

Soldato
Apparently 1003AB AGESA is the one that fixes 2 core boost clocks rather than 1003. I have MSI x570 board and the latest BIOS is based on 1003 released 2nd of July.

aorus have their AB out which is handy, should take to long for MSI .

what i feel for is B450/X470 boards as not the priority . many vendor reps say that that AGESE updates can effect their bios without them being able to test everthing and rely on users feedback

Soldato
For me, the very latest BIOS for my x370 released 2019/07/01 has fixed all my issues.

It's taken two + years to get to run my ram at DOCP but finally it's fixed!

So they are still bringing the love to older mobos.

Associate
aorus have their AB out which is handy, should take to long for MSI .

what i feel for is B450/X470 boards as not the priority . many vendor reps say that that AGESE updates can effect their bios without them being able to test everthing and rely on users feedback
In the PBO thread a guy with a 3600X+MSI X470 Gaming Plus is getting 125mhz PBO with 1.0.0.3. All this PBO seems to be down to luck if you ask me.

Associate
So anybody here with 3700x getting the advertised 4.4Ghz boost on single core? Max I've seen I get is 4.275Ghz which gives me single core R15 score of 205 and R20 single core score of 504. (RAM at 3600Mhz cl16)

The temperatures and voltage on idle is also quite strange it is stable then spike up with a gradual decrease after. Even on load it follows the same profile somewhat stable with many difference instances of spikes that then go down back to average. Very odd behaviour. If the load is uniform why would it spike and then go down gradually, it just looks like software bug to me.

Did we actually get an official AMD response that yes, voltages at 1.5v every 5 seconds is normal and that idle temps of 40-70c is normal and that the processors wont reach their advertised single core boost? Or is it the case that all the motherboard's BIOSes are broken?

If your computer is truly idle then you won't have voltage or temp increases. The issue is getting it to an idle state, force close absolutely everything and monitor it in CPU-Z.

4.4Ghz is the max boost speed, but it won't achieve this with a sustained load even on a single core. If you're gaming or just using Windows you'll see it often bursts to max clocks. This is actually why you get these voltage and temp increases, its constantly looking to burst and does so.

G J

G J

Associate
There's not much in it now but what happened to all the people who claimed the 2xxx series had equal or better IPC at the same clock speed? :(

Back
Top Bottom