Alan Turing, the new face of the £50 note

Associate
Historians think his work saved the lives of millions of people by shortening the war. As others have said, the way in which he was treated was appalling.

Caporegime
Great but are many shops still funny about taking £50 notes?

Well this is a polymer one so less to worry about, it is actually the £20 note that is more commonly forged anyway, though I guess they're potentially taking a greater hit with the £50 note.

You've also got the issue of shops that don't leave much of a float in the till - but then someone using one to buy say a can of coke or something from a local news agents is being a bit silly.

Soldato
You've also got the issue of shops that don't leave much of a float in the till - but then someone using one to buy say a can of coke or something from a local news agents is being a bit silly.

Yeah i'd suspect this is more of the issue rather than the shop being worried about it being forged.

Agreeing with others, it's a great honour for a man who did so much whilst treated so badly later on in his life.

Permabanned
Associate
I would have been happy with Mary Anning, Rosalind Franklin, Stephen Hawking or Alan Turing, so this is a good decision as far as I'm concerned.

Soldato
A great choice IMO, although I'd also like to see many others who served at Bletchley get more recognition for their work.

Back
Top Bottom