• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
Thanks guys.

Have you any idea why I get one core OCing nicely but the others on the CDX all downclock to 3520? (even with me setting them to 3700)
1.4v it is where u wanna be common sense wise (or at least it used to be), but those 1.5v spikes
Reading about the boost problems, temps and most importantly WHEA errors and corrupt system files, I'm glad I haven't pulled the trigger just yet. I'd like a smooth change over from my current system, which runs just fine for now.
MSI and Gigabyte boards users have some probs, Asrock seems to be more or less ok, Asus no issues at all, they will get their **** together eventually :D .
p.s: Fapping at that MSI Godlike anyways ;)

Soldato
Significantly quieter I would have thought, especially with the hotter chips like the 3900X.
Yes. That review basically shows performance is barely affected, but the Prism is very hot and has fans blowing twice as fast and so probably much louder.

I'm hoping the Wraith Prism at the "low" fan setting will suitably cool my wife's R5 3600 but if not then I guess she's getting a custom air cooler for her birthday. Can't have a loud noise box sitting next to my nice quiet workhorse. :p

Last edited:
Associate
Yes. I'm hoping the Wraith Prism at the "low" fan setting will suitably cool my wife's R5 3600 but if not then I guess she's getting a custom air cooler for her birthday. Can't have a loud noise box sitting next to my nice quiet workhorse. :p

Under pbo mine screams all the time. Outside of pbo with an all core OC it's whisper quiet at idle and low usage.

Soldato
Well considering a lot of folks are seeing up to 1.5 V at stock, I guess the next question is: who will be responsible for all of the dead CPUs, AMD or the motherboard manufacturers? :D

Soldato
If you are having high idle voltages on Ryzen 3000, please try this: in Geforce Experience could you please disable the in-game overlay in the settings and see whether this fixes the problem?

I noticed that the GFE in-game overlay is running all the time, even on the desktop and putting a very small load on the CPU constantly, resulting in slightly lower benchmark scores in certain programs. This is on my Intel I7 5820K.

Soldato
IPC testing Ryzen 3000

Really interesting that the dual-die design of the R9 3900X/3950X is consistently slightly faster than the single-die design of the R5 3600(X) and R7 3700X/3800X. I wonder if that is a result of the gimped memory write of the single-die designs? If it is, it's a justification for the decision I suppose: halving the bandwidth only affects performance in typical tasks by a tiny margin (a few % at most). Or maybe it's just the larger L3 cache per core?

Back
Top Bottom