PC Game Pass (was Xbox Game Pass for PC)

Soldato
I can't see any way to move this.

When I installed Tomb Raider it asked me where I wanted to install it. When I installed FM2019 I wasn't asked anything. I really just can't get over what a complete mess this is. It is terrible.

I've not had any issues myself, though I understand it must be frustrating it is currently in beta to be fair.

Soldato
I'm half way through the 2 month trial. I've definitely got my monies worth so far. Metro Exodus, We Happy Few, State of Decay 2 and tomorrow I'm going to download Gears of War. Admittedly, a couple of those games are utter trash, but still...£2!

Soldato
Also I just ordered a new CPU from here, and I've got another 3 months sub thrown in. I'm not sure what the normal price is but I've currently got a couple of months for a quid.

Soldato
Dead Rising 4 has been added now, no idea what thats like but probably worth a download anyway to try it out as its on there
Its a superb game ;) I sunk over 200 hours into this on both Win 10 back when it was first released then on Xbox1X (enhanced with HDR version last year). The big mistake MS & Capcom made is they did not include all content you really need the Season Pass DLC to have all the game content. But the std version still has a huge amount of content just a shame MS & Capcom hide the complete game behind the Season Pass :eek: :)

Soldato
I just signed up for this for £1, its almost too good to be true, everything I click on says its free with XGP I didnt realise that I just wanted Forza Horizon 4 for a bit but there are so many games on there I'll probably end up keeping it running.

Couple of questions -

What does it mean when it says Free with XGP or £X with Xbox Game Pass Membership?

Do we know when the £3.99 becomes £7.99? Got a baby on the way so will lose a lot of gaming time then and will probably not be as worthwhile with the increased cost

I had a another question but no, its gone.

Cheers

Associate
What does it mean when it says Free with XGP or £X with Xbox Game Pass Membership?
I'm a bit confused by that as well but I think the price (discounted as you've got the Pass already) is for the full game with DLC etc. or for if you want to own it forever. I think the included game is the base game only. Hopefully someone will clarify more.

Soldato
I just signed up for this for £1, its almost too good to be true, everything I click on says its free with XGP I didnt realise that I just wanted Forza Horizon 4 for a bit but there are so many games on there I'll probably end up keeping it running.

Couple of questions -

Do we know when the £3.99 becomes £7.99? Got a baby on the way so will lose a lot of gaming time then and will probably not be as worthwhile with the increased cost

I had a another question but no, its gone.

Cheers

I believe that there are 3 pass's. So it will be £3.99 for the PC only game pass. The £7.99 is for the Console only version then £10.99 for the combined PC + Console version.

Soldato
I dont get that, so console owners have to pay more and then pay for the game on top of the monthly subscription where as PC owners pay £1, then £3.99 every month after and the games are included?

Seems odd. I think it might be what picnic said, you get to keep the game even if you cancel but even then, not all games state "Free with XGP or £X with Xbox Game Pass Membership" some just state "Free with XGP"

Forza Horizon 4 great, runs amazing at 1440 with Ultra preset, constantly over 100FPS, looking forward to trying some other games if the experiance is as good as FH4 has been

Caporegime
OP
The console game pass is more expensive because there are double the number of games in it.

The second price is a 10% or 20% discount on the game if you choose to buy it whilst you are a game pass member. When game pass runs out, you can't play anything unless you've bought it. And not all the games are staying in the game pass. So if a game is going to leave the service and you want to buy it to keep playing, you can get it at the reduced price.

Man of Honour
Ok that makes sense, I hope we get a heads up on whats leaving, would be a bit rubbish if you were half way through a game and it left the service

I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that once a game leaves the service, as long as you keep it installed you are ok to carry on playing it, its just that if you uninstall it you then cant redownload it

EDIT : ah yeah, thats only if you buy it using that membership discount.

Soldato
I believe that there are 3 pass's. So it will be £3.99 for the PC only game pass. The £7.99 is for the Console only version then £10.99 for the combined PC + Console version.

Don't think that's right. The PC pass shows £7.99 with a line through it, then £3.99 'introductory price' underneath. So I think £7.99 will be the regular price.

Soldato
Don't think that's right. The PC pass shows £7.99 with a line through it, then £3.99 'introductory price' underneath. So I think £7.99 will be the regular price.

Yeah you may be right. Shows different prices in different spots though, here its: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/xbox-game-pass/CFQ7TTC0KGQ8/0002?rtc=1&activetab=pivot:overviewtab its £1.00 with the £3.99 strike-through which is where I saw initial numbers. But in other spots https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-game-pass#join it has £3.99 with £7.99 strike-through.

Back
Top Bottom