A must watch video - LGR goes around Computer Reset warehouse

Man of Honour
I figured this needed its own thread due to the scale of the find by those in Texas. Just look at the amount of stuff there!

Man of Honour
Saw it shortly after it was put up.
What a place.... :eek: Shame it's pretty much the other side of the world.

The question I have is, how did it get like that in the first place? It's insanely full.

Soldato
Can't help thinking the place will be a target for thieves now they showed that none of the roller shutter doors appeared to be locked. Hopefully there will be some more security in the general compound round the back where those loading bay doors were. Someone is bound to have a go after watching these videos. This was the pc tech equivalent of the mother of all barn finds though wasn't it, amazing.

Caporegime
Great video LGR is great, watched very soon after upload.

The question I have is, how did it get like that in the first place? It's insanely full.

Company buying end of life or stuff on mass from auction, this is just the stuff he could't sell, i guess he had to downsize from a larger warehouse hence how its packed in, was all basically worthless junk at one point, now lots of it is valuable and rare.

Man of Honour
Company buying end of life or stuff on mass from auction, this is just the stuff he could't sell, i guess he had to downsize from a larger warehouse hence how its packed in, was all basically worthless junk at one point, now lots of it is valuable and rare.

It was more... how did they operate. It was almost floor to ceiling in many rooms. The front of the store was filled. It couldn't have been like that when it was operating as a business, could it? Almost looks like the business closed down, and he went hoarding.

I probably would have needed a 20ft container to bring home what I spotted in there that I wouldn't have minded having. Starting with the Sun Server racks.

Caporegime
It was more... how did they operate. It was almost floor to ceiling in many rooms. The front of the store was filled. It couldn't have been like that when it was operating as a business, could it? Almost looks like the business closed down, and he went hoarding.

I probably would have needed a 20ft container to bring home what I spotted in there that I wouldn't have minded having. Starting with the Sun Server racks.

Hording or I guess he consolidated several premises into this one when the business closed.

Soldato
To be honest I felt uncomfortable watching it. There is just so much stuff crammed everywhere that clearly the owner wasnt quite right, towards the end. And now he is seriously ill (or dead) and then the retro enthusiasts swooped in pick to pick over the stock to the detriment of his family. Particularly the way Clint was saying the good stuff within easy reach has been picked clean.

However I like the current arrangement with the Facebook group where it is more managed and you can't just take things - you have to pay a (very reasonable) price for what you take, and entrance is managed by the family I think.

Yes I saw lots of things that I would love to buy from there but I'm not sure I would be able to without feeling guilty! (Prior to the Facebook arrangement)

Permabanned
It was said in the clip that they where closing it down shortly. There is a lot of monies worth in there and some of it looked like it could go in museum. It was also mentioned that it was possibly a downgrade of size of storage hence the need just to throw it in there.

This is what happens when you hord things without getting rid of it when you can. What they should do is get rid of that stuff with online auctions! Employ 5 staff to do the work and wages come out the sales. That's what I would do!

Back
Top Bottom