• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Something super is coming...

Associate
Any news on the 2080 Ti Super?
If they did a 2080 Ti Super at a similar price point to the 2080 Ti it'd probably be pretty popular. According to the comments I've read the idea of a 2080 Ti seems unlikely given the supers are just "unlocked" versions of the base models, and the 2080 Ti is already unlocked/an unlocked 2080 Ti is just the Titan RTX?

I'd buy it in a heartbeat at least, I've been stuck err-ing on upgrading my GPU to a flagship for a long time and then we had the crypto price gouging...

Soldato
Where did the 5% figure come from, the technical specs?

Yep. Barely 4% more cores, 1% more boost speed, and heavily overclocked VRAM by 10%, with 10% higher TDP, though that over the FE.
And that 5% can bee seen on the numbers for OPS is just 5% which good indication how faster it is. Over normal non A chip, is tad better situation touching 10%.

Possibly due to 100mhz higher base core, heavily overclocked 2080S vs heavily overclocked 2080 (A-chip), could get 8-10% ahead but that would require watercooling. Which will bring the card withing £100 from a aircooled 2080Ti, while the gap with the 2080Ti is still vast.

So how far ahead of a 1080 Ti would people guesstimate the 2080 Super will be?

~25% before overclocking where the 2080Ti will pull ahead regardless.

Associate
According to the comments I've read the idea of a 2080 Ti seems unlikely given the supers are just "unlocked" versions of the base models, and the 2080 Ti is already unlocked/an unlocked 2080 Ti is just the Titan RTX?

The supers released so far are kinda the opposite of 'unlocked' versions. The 2060S is more like a slightly cut-down 2070, and the 2070S is a slightly cut-down 2080, but have moved up by one chip in the range.

The 2080S might fit your idea though, it gets faster RAM and a slightly better version of the same chip as the 2080

Soldato
Hope so

My friend keeps saying there will be a 2080ti, and I keep saying there is no space, any upgrade to the 2080ti at all makes it the same or better than a titan. Nvidia wouldn't cannabilise 2 cards in one go, now likely is a titan 7nm would come in a few months instead

Fingers crossed, I don't want to buy a 2080 Ti only to regret it in a few weeks.

Associate
One sold in the mm for 900 a week ago, I tried to buy it but got messed around by an ebay sale who didn't pay me and had to hand it someone else. Ftw3 ultra as well. Gutting.
Hope they come down to that sort of price new
MM? I also saw that there's apparently two FTW3 models, an ultra and ultra gaming where the latter has a higher OC and generally higher price premium

I'd get the MSI Trio if not for the fact that it needs three power cables, don't fancy trying to route the two extra one I need

Soldato
Associate
The ftw3 ultra and ftw3 ultra gaming are the same card. They are all listed here

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-rtx-2080-ti.c3305
Whoops meant gaming and ultra gaming. OC only lists the ultra gaming one but Amazon has both and I found the below comparison of the two models

https://forums.evga.com/download.axd?file=0;2953947&where=&f=EVGA 2080 Ti Ultra FTW3 vs FTW3.JPG

Seems like "Gaming" is just the base FTW3 model according to the link you posted though

MM = members market on the forums here.
Thought it might be, access is far beyond me though lol unless I start spamming

Last edited:
Soldato
Whoops meant gaming and ultra gaming. OC only lists the ultra gaming one but Amazon has both and I found the below comparison of the two models

https://forums.evga.com/download.axd?file=0;2953947&where=&f=EVGA 2080 Ti Ultra FTW3 vs FTW3.JPG

Seems like "Gaming" is just the base FTW3 model according to the link you posted though

Thought it might be, access is far beyond me though lol unless I start spamming
Yeah, not a good idea... All good things to those who wait though :p

Back
Top Bottom