Five-Year-Old Child Hides On Medical Centre Roof To Avoid Being Circumcised

Soldato
Circumcision (male) without a legitimate medical reason (such as phimosis etc) should be illegal, it's a disgraceful and totally unnecessary thing to perform on a child when it's done simply for religious reasons or tradition, I class it as a form of child abuse. Furthermore, any parents who take their child out of the country elsewhere to have it performed, should be prosecuted when they return to the UK.

And if it upsets religious people - tough, hacking off bits of children's genitals to satisfy some non-existant sky pixie, is something I personally don't think should be something a civiilised society should tolerate.

If people say, "It's my tradition, we've done it for thousands of years, it's unclean" it's no excuse, it's no justification - I don't care who it offends, I want it stopped immediately.

+1

Soldato
will never be outlawed in this country because that would mean the government having to tell the Jewish community that something they do is not acceptable and they will never go against the zionist overlords...........................

Caporegime
OP
will never be outlawed in this country because that would mean the government having to tell the Jewish community that something they do is not acceptable and they will never go against the zionist overlords...........................

Eh? You can criticise circumcision without throwing in blatant anti-Semitic **** like that.

Soldato
Should all be banned for minors, medical necessity aside. Certainly before a reasonable age of consent.

A less significant procedure, but I'd say the same for ear piercings too - albeit I'd set the minimum age at about 8-10 ish. Not a fan of seeing babes in arms with pierced ears - no consent at all there.

Soldato
It's always baffled me how it is acceptable to mutilate children's genitals. Religion usually gets a free pass to do things which would otherwise be considered barberic but even weirder is the fact that the majority of males in the US are circumcised for no reason at all.

Soldato
i think some consider it a hygene thing..... i guess it is a bit like getting something stuck in your teeth.

(mind you You dont see many people suggesting pulling out teeth to stop plaque!!!!)

I agree about adding in an age of consent... the exact age, not so sure.

if people can consent to sex / get married at 16, I would argue they are old enough to make a choice to have a surgical procedure at that age too.

That said in the uk AFAIK you cant have a tatoo until the age of 18..... (this is probably the closest thing i can think of to circumcision).

TLDR - I agree there should be an age of consent to circumcision but not sure what that age should be. 18 is obvious answer but...................

Caporegime
OP
It's always baffled me how it is acceptable to mutilate children's genitals. Religion usually gets a free pass to do things which would otherwise be considered barberic but even weirder is the fact that the majority of males in the US are circumcised for no reason at all.

Well the US thing is sort of religion related too.... it was an anti masturbation thing from the 1930s/40s and masturbation is bad because religion etc...

Soldato
Well the US thing is sort of religion related too.... it was an anti masturbation thing from the 1930s/40s and masturbation is bad because religion etc...

but we may not have cornflakes without it....................... (unless i have just fallen foul of some urban legend, but i think it is true that that is why Kellogg created cornflakes.)

Caporegime
OP
but we may not have cornflakes without it....................... (unless i have just fallen foul of some urban legend, but i think it is true that that is why Kellogg created cornflakes.)

I think you're correct, he was a bit obsessed with it. He was also apparently anti sex in general, slept in a separate bedroom to his wife and never consummated the marriage - instead opted to adopt children.

Soldato
Views on religion aside:

American Academy of Paediatrics (link)

After a comprehensive review of the scientific evidence, the American Academy of Pediatrics found the health benefits of newborn male circumcision outweigh the risks, but the benefits are not great enough to recommend universal newborn circumcision.

According to a systematic and critical review of the scientific literature, the health benefits of circumcision include lower risks of acquiring HIV, genital herpes, human papilloma virus and syphilis. Circumcision also lowers the risk of penile cancer over a lifetime; reduces the risk of cervical cancer in sexual partners, and lowers the risk of urinary tract infections in the first year of life.

“Ultimately, this is a decision that parents will have to make,”

Also I believe WHO actively recommend it in Africa to reduce/prevent HIV transmission.

There is compelling evidence that male circumcision reduces the risk of heterosexually acquired HIV infection in men by approximately 60%. Three randomized controlled trials have shown that male circumcision provided by well trained health professionals in properly equipped settings is safe. WHO/UNAIDS recommendations emphasize that male circumcision should be considered an efficacious intervention for HIV prevention in countries and regions with heterosexual epidemics, high HIV and low male circumcision prevalence.

Sho

Sho

Soldato

this

Caporegime
Funnily enough I'm not inclined to believe that coming from a US health body. They're very pro circumcision over there.

I'd believe it coming from an EU or UK body, but I wouldn't trust the US food or health departments as far as I could throw them.

e: It's going to suck having US health providers running/ruining our NHS too :(

Caporegime
All cultures are equal, you're all just massive far right racists opposed to multiculturalism.

There's no such thing as different cultures, just different levels of civilisation where this is concerned.

MGM is appalling, anyone other than a qualified doctor doing it for medical necessity should be charged with GBH or sexual assault against a child.

Also I believe WHO actively recommend it in Africa to reduce/prevent HIV transmission.

Human rights trump public health concerns such as this. Besides the WHO is wacko these days in it's recommendations.

Associate
It's barbaric, and a crime against the child, even if lawful.

Anyway, when this is debated in wider society, the proponents of a ban are called anti-Semitic and Islamophobic, which makes them literally Hitler. No one likes to be called Hitler.

I took part in a debate about this once, and we won of course (how could anyone lose?).

On the opposing side, there were:

1. A feminist. She basically liked male circumcision because it harmed men.
2. A man who had been circumcised as a child. With him it was a case of the abused becomes the abuser.
3. A Muslim resident in Britain. He did nothing but call us Islamophobes.
4. A British Jew, who said that if they couldn't cut off bits of their sons willies then they would not be able to be Jewish, and that any British laws which went against Judaism would not be valid.

They didn't like it when they were informed that they were child-mutilators, because they knew it to be true.

Associate
Views on religion aside:

American Academy of Paediatrics (link)

In 1930s Germany, scientists said that Jews and Slavs were inferior and must be killed. Politicised scientists will say whatever they are told to say.

I wonder also if the WHO recommended that everyone should cut off their fingers because this will prevent them from accidentally shutting them in a car door.

Back
Top Bottom