Aorus/Gigabyte X570 - Buildzoid Ripple tests with AORUS & ASUS

Soldato
OP
@Sin_Chase

tried controlling via BIOS ?

have x470 and set my RGB choice then clsoe down the app normally and colours should stick . when rebooting pc its default until windows starts as Fusion 2.0 is set to open with windows, then I just close it down again . When I actually do get a chance to game, I pretty much have nothing running in the back ground .

Associate

Any idea on when Aorus Master stock is going to arrive? Waited all last week to be told Friday.

Now we are back to just pre order with no expected date. Tempted to cancel and just go 9900k :/

Associate
There has been a large number of boards shipped to OCUK to cover all back orders and more... it should arrive with them middle to late this week.

I appreciate the clarity, still though. It ‘should’ isn’t really what someone who has been waiting 7 plus days wants to hear. I’ll give it to the end of this week then I’m cancelling and completely missing out this upgrade.

I understand it’s not just boards as the 3900x is out of stock too, it’s just ruined this whole upgrade experience for me.

Associate
The boards have been shipped... I use the word should as I cannot talk on the behalf of couriers who need to deliver and OCUK warehouse staff to book the boards on to the system... They have shipped though...

Soldato
OP
I appreciate the clarity, still though. It ‘should’ isn’t really what someone who has been waiting 7 plus days wants to hear. I’ll give it to the end of this week then I’m cancelling and completely missing out this upgrade.

I understand it’s not just boards as the 3900x is out of stock too, it’s just ruined this whole upgrade experience for me.

I personally told everyone to upgrade as SOON as launch! other people were stating there was PLENTY of ZEN2 stock and i shouldn't of been telling people to pre-order and then cancel if reviews were bad .. :(

least we are still in EU without hard brexit ! all vendors and AMD stock held in EU so could have been a lot worse ! lol

Associate

Just out of interest, is there any difference between the BIOS versions on the global site and the ones available on the US website?:
https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/X570-I-AORUS-PRO-WIFI-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios
Seems like they both eventually lead to the same download pages.

Caporegime
@GIGA-Man

Hi mate, got this problem after flashing to the AB bios on the ultra. Overclockers are willing to RMA, but I just want to see if you think it does sound like a bricked board or if the problem could lie elsewhere. Thanks for any help

It was acting a bit odd after updating it. Not restarting properly, no bios screen, straight into windows, I then powered it down using the power button, and nothing since.

When I switch off from the mains, then switch on the power switch, the lights on the mobo and cooler flash for a millisecond but do nothing. Then my RGB ram lights up, but still completely dead when I switch on. Only if I switch off and on from the mains do I get that brief flash of light. Also, when I switch on for the first time, the psu makes a loud clicking noise. I've cleared CMOS using battery method and jumper, but still no luck.

Last edited:
Associate
The boards have been shipped... I use the word should as I cannot talk on the behalf of couriers who need to deliver and OCUK warehouse staff to book the boards on to the system... They have shipped though...

Any idea when the UK will be getting the full size X570 Aorus Pro Wifi ATX version & what the price will be?

Everywhere I've looked doesn't even list it, let alone have it in stock.

Soldato
OP
@GIGA-Man

Hi mate, got this problem after flashing to the AB bios on the ultra. Overclockers are willing to RMA, but I just want to see if you think it does sound like a bricked board or if the problem could lie elsewhere. Thanks for any help

It was acting a bit odd after updating it. Not restarting properly, no bios screen, straight into windows, I then powered it down using the power button, and nothing since.

When I switch off from the mains, then switch on the power switch, the lights on the mobo and cooler flash for a millisecond but do nothing. Then my RGB ram lights up, but still completely dead when I switch on. Only if I switch off and on from the mains do I get that brief flash of light. Also, when I switch on for the first time, the psu makes a loud clicking noise. I've cleared CMOS using battery method and jumper, but still no luck.

Try reflashing using the flash button at the back of the board . They now have a quick flash method for use without CPU etc .

Also if you hold power button down for 10+ seconds to turn on, this use to activate the backup bios !

Any idea when the UK will be getting the full size X570 Aorus Pro Wifi ATX version & what the price will be?

Everywhere I've looked doesn't even list it, let alone have it in stock.

Believe it's not for EU market which is a shame , would have been slightly cheaper to I think. Ultra is £30 more with WiFi but you also get £30 steam voucher for both if you leave a review

Caporegime
OK, so I think I've done as much as I can do. I've tried clearing CMOS, nothing, I tried reflashing using Q Flash nothing, no lights or anything. I've just removed PSU and did paperclip test. PSU fired up straight away, so it's not that either. I'm totally out of ideas. It would be nice if I could get a bit of advice from @GIGA-Man, seeing as he is their official representative on here. I'm so disappointed with the board and the fact that Gigabytes technical support is pretty much non existent, that I might even consider just buying a different brand of board and getting a refund on the Gigabyte.

Soldato
OP
OK, so I think I've done as much as I can do. I've tried clearing CMOS, nothing, I tried reflashing using Q Flash nothing, no lights or anything. I've just removed PSU and did paperclip test. PSU fired up straight away, so it's not that either. I'm totally out of ideas. It would be nice if I could get a bit of advice from @GIGA-Man, seeing as he is their official representative on here. I'm so disappointed with the board and the fact that Gigabytes technical support is pretty much non existent, that I might even consider just buying a different brand of board and getting a refund on the Gigabyte.

whats your PSU unit and age? sorry just read the 'loud click' comment . Paper test just sees if PSU turns on and identify a dead PSU not a broken one, need a psu test to test every cable and amps to see if its 100% working.

did you have the board up and running before BIOS update ?

switched to the back up bios ?

Caporegime
whats your PSU unit and age? sorry just read the 'loud click' comment . Paper test just sees if PSU turns on and identify a dead PSU not a broken one, need a psu test to test every cable and amps to see if its 100% working.

did you have the board up and running before BIOS update ?

switched to the back up bios ?

Board was fine before bios update. In fact, it ran for 20 minutes or so after the update. It's only when I switched it off from the case power switch, did it refuse to turn back on. I don't even know what chance there is to use a back up bios as pressing the power switch does nothing at all. It just seems like a totally dead board, other than the RGB RAM still lighting up.

Soldato
OP
Board was fine before bios update. In fact, it ran for 20 minutes or so after the update. It's only when I switched it off from the case power switch, did it refuse to turn back on. I don't even know what chance there is to use a back up bios as pressing the power switch does nothing at all. It just seems like a totally dead board, other than the RGB RAM still lighting up.

whats your PSU unit ?

Back
Top Bottom