What did you do to your bike today?

Associate
Fitted a De-cat to my MT10, also had it remapped. What a difference! Not only does it sound much better, but the remap has transformed how the bike responds to throttle control, so much smoother especially in the corners mid-lean.

Also fitted a evotech tail tidy, very fiddly job but well worth it once complete. Of course needed a slightly smaller number plate, so went with a 8”x6” plate.

Awesome! Has it impacted the range much? Which colour is it by the way?

Soldato
Fitted a De-cat to my MT10, also had it remapped. What a difference! Not only does it sound much better, but the remap has transformed how the bike responds to throttle control, so much smoother especially in the corners mid-lean.

Also fitted a evotech tail tidy, very fiddly job but well worth it once complete. Of course needed a slightly smaller number plate, so went with a 8”x6” plate.
7x5 is where it's at.. :p

Soldato
The RS got 'modified' by a careless driver:

48168359166_3832f4c271_b.jpg

:(

snip

Just got the report back for the damage to the RS........ over £3,600 repair bill!

Repair list said:
O/S FOOTREST, BRAKE PEDAL ASSY, LED INDICATOR, BAR END MIRROR ASSY, SHORT LEVER ASSY, O/S SLIDE PIPE P/COMP. FLOATING FRONT DISC, DISC BOLTS, FRONT WHEEL ASSY, CALIPER PAD SET, CENTRE FRONT MUDGUARD, N/S & O/S FRONT MUDGUARD, SILENCER, CRASH BOBBINS, PADDOCK BOBBINS, BAR ENDS, FRONT AXLE SLIDER, SIDE STAND FOOT, FORK OIL, FRONT TYRE

Glad I'm not picking up the bill for all that work! Though it has got me worried - how long will all that take (no dates given yet), will they **** something up and I get back a completely different handling bike!

It's been over two weeks now, and the process has been pretty slow - though sadly, I have missed out on some decent riding this season, thanks to 4x4 wally! Though I can only claim £10 a day loss of use - I am hoping I can claim it from day one of not being able to ride - so it might give me a couple of hundred to drown my sorrows.

Here's hoping for a quick turnaround, and being able to get back on my two wheels asap....

Oh, and as I had 'enhanced legal cover', I can recover all uninsured costs - so will be after them for a replacement lid and visor, if my policy doesn't cover it.

Man of Honour
Just got the report back for the damage to the RS........ over £3,600 repair bill!

Glad I'm not picking up the bill for all that work! Though it has got me worried - how long will all that take (no dates given yet), will they **** something up and I get back a completely different handling bike!

It's been over two weeks now, and the process has been pretty slow - though sadly, I have missed out on some decent riding this season, thanks to 4x4 wally! Though I can only claim £10 a day loss of use - I am hoping I can claim it from day one of not being able to ride - so it might give me a couple of hundred to drown my sorrows.

Here's hoping for a quick turnaround, and being able to get back on my two wheels asap....

Oh, and as I had 'enhanced legal cover', I can recover all uninsured costs - so will be after them for a replacement lid and visor, if my policy doesn't cover it.
Your policy should have nothing to do with it all claims should be on the other party and you should be back in the position you were before the accident so any damaged kit included.

The cost of the damage doesn't surprise me though, I was looking at near a grand for bits i scuffed up on a low speed on some ice and that was on a 12 year old sv650.

Soldato
Your policy should have nothing to do with it all claims should be on the other party and you should be back in the position you were before the accident so any damaged kit included.

The cost of the damage doesn't surprise me though, I was looking at near a grand for bits i scuffed up on a low speed on some ice and that was on a 12 year old sv650.

That's what I'm hoping - though the appointed solicitors didn't seem to certain that I could claim for my lid and visor, so much for their spiel about putting me back into the financial situation I was before the crash. I'll still fight that though.

I just found the 19 year old SV650 I purchased, didn't respond too well to a spirited ride home last night, as one fork leg is now gushing oil :(

Soldato
As tom_e states you're claiming for all loses from the third parties insurance not your insurance. Your appointed solicitor doesn't seem up to much. Make sure they don't fob you off.

I got that impression of them - to be fair though, it may have just been an admin monkey I spoke to - he didn't seem to know much.

Planning on using my extra legal cover to claim my lid, the visor, and loss of use with them - maybe even the 'waiver fee' I have paid for the hire bike; as that £60 was better than £400 excess :D

Pretty annoyed I'll be without my bike for another 2-3 weeks though, gutted in fact :(

All this hassle, as some knobber couldn't drive his 4x4!

Soldato
Thought about getting a quickshifter fitted and changing it to a GP shift next year :p

Also, a question. Has anyone found that changing oil and/or filter changes how the gearbox feels? The gearbox on the XJ6 is nowhere near as smooth as the SV's was. I remember the SV gearbox being buttery smooth, at least in comparison. The SV always had Shell oil; not sure what the XJ is on but it'll be going to Shell Oil when i do it's next change (which'll be April/May 2020)

Associate
Thought about getting a quickshifter fitted and changing it to a GP shift next year :p

Also, a question. Has anyone found that changing oil and/or filter changes how the gearbox feels? The gearbox on the XJ6 is nowhere near as smooth as the SV's was. I remember the SV gearbox being buttery smooth, at least in comparison. The SV always had Shell oil; not sure what the XJ is on but it'll be going to Shell Oil when i do it's next change (which'll be April/May 2020)

It's possible, but you'd have to go pretty far away from the recommended weight to actually feel a difference I reckon. Clutches on the other hand can be dramatically affected by oil type, are you sure it's not clutch related?

Having said that, and there are of course exceptions, but I've found Suzuki's generally have slick and robust feeling gearboxes, all my modern Yamaha's haven't. My current MT-09 commuter is clunky but predictable.

Soldato

Quick shifters are great, gp shift pattern makes a lot more sense too, especially on track.

I've never noticed any difference between oil changes for gear changes. The main culprits for poor gear change (other than the gearbox itself) are worn chain and sprockets, very loose/tight chain adjustment, notched clutch basket or poorly setup shift lever and/or worn bushes and linkages.

Back
Top Bottom