Tempted by this! Or a 3600 build?

Soldato
The whole "An i5 is enough for gaming" ship has sailed. At this stage you'd be better going for Ryzen 3600 in all but a few niche use cases.

I5 9600k still beats it in gaming, specially 1080p eSports / 165hz monitors with 2070 and a I've cards . But value is deff on ryzen side !

Get the Gigabyte Z390 boards ! Much better !

But ryzen better value with b450! Just avoid Reddit stories , lots of people seem to have issues with b450 and MSI and other vendors

Soldato
But ryzen better value with b450! Just avoid Reddit stories , lots of people seem to have issues with b450 and MSI and other vendors

Competency is playing a large part in individual experiences, you've got people who build a computer once every five years, or maybe even their first time so the level of failure vs success seems higher than it is. I am not denying some people are indeed having issues, and I'd imagine the lack of clarity of how the problem is being caused, bad equipment, bad BIOS, low skill level etc. doesn't help.

Soldato
OP
Is 3200mhz the sweet spot for RAM on the Ryzen chips? Any noticeable different with going with the slower 3000mhz? Bare in mind i only use it for gaming and the odd photoshop/lightroom editing.

Associate
Is 3200mhz the sweet spot for RAM on the Ryzen chips? Any noticeable different with going with the slower 3000mhz? Bare in mind i only use it for gaming and the odd photoshop/lightroom editing.

You will not notice (1fps difference? in games at best)

Edit : you bought shiny nice RAM anyway. Health to enjoy.

Soldato
OP
You will not notice (1fps difference? in games at best)

Edit : you bought shiny nice RAM anyway. Health to enjoy.
It's all about those aesthetics haha, i like my shiny glowy parts!

Would i notice a bigger gain in SLI 980ti rather than upgrading to a newer cpu and platform? Putting aside all the SLI arguments..

Back
Top Bottom