Your WORST 10 PC Games?

Soldato
We have a top 10 PC games thread so how about a gripe-fest of worst PC games.....

Original Southpark
Rogue Warrior
Navy Seals
Sim City(EA remake)
Ride to Hell
The Walking Dead
Dayz Stand Alone
Fm 10 onwards
Aliens Colonial Marines
Star Wars Battlefront

Soldato
Can't think of many games I downright hated, if I did not jive with them pretty quickly gave up and forgot about them. Some ones which are not terrible, but did not live up to expectations:

1. Dragon Age 2: Not terrible per say, but just a disappointment after what was Origin.
  2. Watch Dogs: Likely the Hype to be honest. Protagonist felt like cardboard
  3. Assassins creed 3: To be honest, somewhat unfair to this game. Came after the Ezio trilogy so moving to a protagonist thrown away after 3 games with the same one meant it did not quiet resonate as much.
  4. Supreme Commander 2: Honestly not a bad game once again, but prefer number 1 + Forged Alliance to the point it felt a step back
  5. Metal Gear Survive: Took a punt after the master fall Phantom pain, not good

Associate
In a similar vein to DAO-DA2, Mass effect andromeda was a massive let down. ME2 was basically The Magnificent 7 in space and delivered some of the best game play and story elements. Me3 built on this (with a bobbins ending). ME-A just did not deliver at all. No memorable characters, no gripping story, no evil villain and it just became a repetitive slog to complete. Then you find out its only half a story, they couldnt be arsed to finish. (There was no DLC) or expansions.

One of my worst games is also one of my best. Planetside 2.
So many bad mistakes repeated from PS1.
Every patch makes it perform worse.
Every patch makes is less combined arms and more some random team death match hybrid.
They promised a team based game with strategy and logistsics and then made the classes solo uber universal killing machines.
Still to this day there is no point to having vehicles in the game and no logistics.
And yet, in a full squad on voice comms at one point I could spend hours hunting down enemy vehicles.

Soldato
"Top 5 games I don't own but absolutely know for certain I would hate, on the basis of a cursory assessment, pre-existing Luddite tendencies or otherwise biased pre-judgement"

Hearts of Iron IV: Clearly looks like a massively dumbed down "Noddy" version of the classic HoI3. I know I would hate this with an absolute passion. Will never touch this game, even if discounted to £1.00 on steam.
DoTA2/LoL: Class this as one of those "what the hell is this ****" type of games. No interest in the genre whatsoever. When I see my favourite streamers playing this they seem to be enjoying themselves, but to me it appears to be just a random unorganised clickfest.
Hearthstone: Or any card type based game. Cards? What?
Fortnite: Immediately put off by the cartoon graphics and general run and gun type chaos. And the massive over-exposure this game has.
PUBG: I hate campers in multiplayer shooters at the best of times.

Soldato
No top 10 or top 5, but a few that deserve to go down in the annals of shame.

Dragon Age: Origins was rendered literally unplayable by a host of bugs ranging from crash issues during cutscenes to texture corruption. Devs took months to even admit there was an issue and never fully fixed it as far as I know.

Star Wars: The Old Republic was released with bugs that had not only been reported repeatedly during the beta test but which had also appeared in KOTOR. In other words, they were caught using legacy code from a game pushing 10 years old in their AAA MMO.

Hitman (the original) got as far as final release demo with broken turn controls. You couldn't do anything except walk into the first wall.

Soldato
OP
"Hearts of Iron IV: Clearly looks like a massively dumbed down "Noddy" version of the classic HoI3. I know I would hate this with an absolute passion. Will never touch this game, even if discounted to £1.00 on steam."

When you buy it on the next steam sale I'll remind you of this....

Soldato
DayZ SA is a transformed game since they added mods. Put in a fair few hours over the weekend as it goes. I feel it's only really been playable for the last few months realistically though.

Soldato
I don't remember playing bad PC games, to be honest. I mostly played consoles until my late teens, and it was there I had the crappy games, mostly due to the untrustworthiness of gaming magazines in those days (******* Bubsy! And Clayfighters!). The internet has helped with picking PC games.

There have been PC games I just don't like, such as Borderlands, but that's because it's not my thing, rather than it being bad.

Murdered: Soul Suspect was pretty terrible, though.

Soldato
I don't think I can name ten, because I'm quite selective when it comes to the games I purchase. However....I really didn't like Dark Souls or the most recent Tomb Raider.

Man of Honour
Pretty much any game that has clunky UI or game mechanics - too many to list. If a game doesn't feel natural and responsive to play I pretty much ditch it immediately.

Soldato
I'd go for the Dark Souls franchise. I'm probably just missing something, but I've given a couple of them a go, and the combat seems to be entirely about knowing the exact patterns of what an enemy will do, spotting the visual cues for what attack they're about to spawn, and then reacting with the exact combo which has been decided will counter that.
How you even know that combo without either hundreds of iterations or checking an internet guide, I don't know.

I really wanted to like them because the lore and exploration seemed interesting, and I probably missed something key and obvious, but on the two I tried (2 and 3 I think) I couldn't even get past the 1st boss without a guide and it was more like a really annoying task than a game.

Caporegime
I don't know if I can think of 10 (not off the top of my head anyway), but Far Cry 2 was severely let down by the crazy weapon degradation, respawns and other bits and bobs.

Thankfully, there's a mod out for it now which I must get around to trying.

Soldato
DayZ SA. Rocket took the EA money, broke parts of the game which worked, cemented over Chernarus, decided it was all too tricky to fix, threw a hissy fit and flounced off into the sunset.

Fallout 4 - AKA Mineout or Fallcraft. I could have forgiven the settlements and craft-fest if there had actually been a decent, believable story underneath.

Elder Scrolls Oblivion: My inner completionist wouldn’t let me ignore the Oblivion Gates and the resulting grindfest just leached all the fun out of this game for me.

Delta Force : Blackhawk Down. The crack troops that are your NPC squadmates being utterly unable to hit an enemy stood right in front of them. Clearly not the type of crack I was expecting.

Soldato
I don't know if I can think of 10 (not off the top of my head anyway), but Far Cry 2 was severely let down by the crazy weapon degradation, respawns and other bits and bobs.

Thankfully, there's a mod out for it now which I must get around to trying.

Interesting! Guns going from New In Box to Rejected By Somalians after one gun fight was very annoying, but not as maddening as the Checkpoints being manned by immortal bad guys. Might have to install this again.

Soldato
1. Just Cause 4 (major let down)
2. Mafia 3 (the bugs were funny though)
3. State of Decay 2 (Heartland DLC is only redeeming feature)
4. Aliens Colonial Marines (dont need to explain this one)
5. The Witcher 3 (tried it twice first time got stuck in tutorial loop 2nd time just boring just not for me type game)
6. FallOut Series (found it boring)
7. Mass Effect Series (found it boring)
8. GTA V (rage quit - boring missions)
9. Call of Duty (anything after Modern Warfare 3)
10. Any Battlefield game after Bad Company.

Back
Top Bottom